Purchase Invoice Problem

Often when loading purchase invoices I get this error, 

Debit and Credit not equal for 
this voucher: Diff (Debit) is -0.010000000002

Sometimes i can make it go away by changing taxes from Net total to Actual, but sometimes no matter what i do i cant get rid of it.

There is a console error also.

Starting up… all-app.min.js:2753
Traceback (innermost last):
File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 36, in savedocs
getattr(wrapper, action.lower())()
File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 298, in submit
self.run_method(‘on_submit’)
File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 218, in run_method
getattr(self.obj, method)()
File “…/app/accounts/doctype/purchase_invoice/purchase_invoice.py”, line 411, in on_submit
self.make_gl_entries()
File “…/app/accounts/doctype/purchase_invoice/purchase_invoice.py”, line 521, in make_gl_entries
make_gl_entries(gl_entries, cancel=(self.doc.docstatus == 2))
File “…/app/accounts/general_ledger.py”, line 31, in make_gl_entries
save_entries(gl_map, cancel, adv_adj, update_outstanding)
File “…/app/accounts/general_ledger.py”, line 103, in save_entries
validate_total_debit_credit(total_debit, total_credit)
File “…/app/accounts/general_ledger.py”, line 109, in validate_total_debit_credit
(total_debit - total_credit), raise_exception=1)
File “…/lib/webnotes/init.py”, line 135, in msgprint
raise ValidationError, msg
ValidationError: Debit and Credit not equal for

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

This is a known issue, we are working to solve the issue. The problem arises due to rounding in the calculation of item tax, which is one of the most complex code in ERPNext. We are shifting the code into server side with proper rounding, but it will take some more time (approximately by next weekend). 

In the mean time, try to submit the invoice by entering rounded item rate and tax amount. May be it need some trial and error.

We are extremely sorry for such kind of issues.

On 22-May-2013, at 1:04 AM, Hernan Gonzalez wrote:

Often when loading purchase invoices I get this error, 

Debit and Credit not equal for 

Sometimes i can make it go away by changing taxes from Net total to Actual, but sometimes no matter what i do i cant get rid of it.

There is a console error also.

Starting up... all-app.min.js:2753
Traceback (innermost last): File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 36, in savedocs getattr(wrapper, action.lower())() File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 298, in submit self.run_method('on_submit') File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 218, in run_method getattr(self.obj, method)() File "../app/accounts/doctype/purchase_invoice/purchase_invoice.py", line 411, in on_submit self.make_gl_entries() File "../app/accounts/doctype/purchase_invoice/purchase_invoice.py", line 521, in make_gl_entries make_gl_entries(gl_entries, cancel=(self.doc.docstatus == 2)) File "../app/accounts/general_ledger.py", line 31, in make_gl_entries save_entries(gl_map, cancel, adv_adj, update_outstanding) File "../app/accounts/general_ledger.py", line 103, in save_entries validate_total_debit_credit(total_debit, total_credit) File "../app/accounts/general_ledger.py", line 109, in validate_total_debit_credit (total_debit - total_credit), raise_exception=1) File "../lib/webnotes/__init__.py", line 135, in msgprint raise ValidationError, msg ValidationError: Debit and Credit not equal for this voucher: Diff (Debit) is -0.010000000002

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.