So, with my problems with units of measure in ERPnext, I have been doing some research, trying to learn more about how the underlying system works. So, what I’ve found:
- The unit of measure can be decided in the Purchase Order Item doctype
- The way to select the desired UOM is a link field, that shows all available UOMs.
- When the desired UOM is selected, the conversion rate is shown on a ‘float’ type field.
- I cannot figure out how this field pulls from the item master.
- This changes the ‘stock_qty’ field as a multiplication of stock uom * conversion factor.
- I can’t figure out how this calculation is made. The purchase_order_item.json file gives me no clues.
- If the rate field can be a similar calculation, stock UOM rate*conversion factor, then this would fix the issue of the price not updating. However, I am unable to find the underlying math for these calculations.