pymysql.err.OperationalError: (1118, 'Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table

pymysql.err.OperationalError: (1118, ‘Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs’)

Please check this.

@NCP Thanks

I tried this using the size field in the customize form and deleted some unusual data fields, but at deployment time, it keeps giving this error again and again. I’m trying to add new fields and also remove unusual fields.

Deploy in frappe cloud.

Failed to alter schema using query: ALTER TABLE tabItem ADD COLUMN custom_other_contact_person int(1) not null default 0, ADD COLUMN custom_contact_detail varchar(140), ADD COLUMN custom_supplier_designation varchar(140)

I’m adding this data fields

I think, You have to trim the table. so first take a backup and test it.

@NCP

I’m used version 14 and i’m delete field from UI in local bench and after save customization in custom app and test in one live instance. In test live instance update successfully but production instance i’m getting this error.

If you read the documentation carefully, the solution you provided is there. :sweat_smile:

1 Like