Query on Sales and Jobs Email Settings

Hi,

This new feature of getting Sales and Jobs emails at one place which was released on 16th Jan, has a lot of promise but I just wanted to know how does it work.
Basically if I ask the system to pull emails, then would it:

• Pull all the junk emails as well and create them as leads since you get a lot of junk emails which are not in the Junk Email but in INBOX.
  • Pull emails from now or would pull all old emails as well.
  • Would it pull emails from the inbox or other folders or should I say tags in gmail.
  • How does a system handles a new email ID does it make it a new email ID with LEAD. Now suppose there is a customer whose email ID is not mentioned in the system then if it would create a lead then how do I correct it to be with the customer itself
  • How does the system handles attachments, since sales emails would get a lot of inquiries and orders as well where we generally have attachments.
  • What if an email ID is connected with more than one customer or contact then how does the system handles emails.

Like this there are many unanswered questions which are holding me back from implementing this great feature.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

We new and just trying to set up…we still are yet to configure our mails to the erp

any ideas…

It will even be much better with this new features…it sounds wonderful…the bomb!

If you figure out..guide us too.

Thanks

firoze

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

This new feature of getting Sales and Jobs emails at one place which was released on 16th Jan, has a lot of promise but I just wanted to know how does it work.

• Pull all the junk emails as well and create them as leads since you get a lot of junk emails which are not in the Junk Email but in INBOX.
  • Would it pull emails from the inbox or other folders or should I say tags in gmail.
  • How does a system handles a new email ID does it make it a new email ID with LEAD. Now suppose there is a customer whose email ID is not mentioned in the system then if it would create a lead then how do I correct it to be with the customer itself
  • How does the system handles attachments, since sales emails would get a lot of inquiries and orders as well where we generally have attachments.
  • What if an email ID is connected with more than one customer or contact then how does the system handles emails.

Like this there are many unanswered questions which are holding me back from implementing this great feature.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

–
- - -
Furniture Elegance Ltd.
Paramount Plaza
P.O. Box 8776-00200
NAIROBI

Tel: 0702-842500 / 0722-206060
Web:
www.elegance.co.ke

–

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Some Issues that I have seen are there with the automatic pulling of emails in the system like sales email.

1. Recipients Field is ALWAYS EMPTY: Not pulling the same from the email.
  2. Subject is ALWAYS EMPTY
  3. It only tags the emails to a LEAD, does not search in CONTACT email ID, or in the email id field of CUSTOMER, SUPPLIER or EMPLOYEE or USER.
  4. There is no way to know the time of the email received, this means that the date and time shown are that of the time of PULLING the email.
  5. There is no way to know if we have received a NEW EMAIL or something like this.

All the above are really important things before anyone can work out and implement in real sense. I guess creating leads for everything is a BAD IDEA as this would lead to the LEAD doctype becoming more of a JUNK and people who plan to us the system for their SALES CYCLE cannot use this doctype.

I might be wrong in my assessment since I am unable to know what is happening, if that is the case, then I would love to hear that how does it actually work.

On Friday, February 8, 2013 8:48:05 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Hi,

–

Aditya,

Responses below:

Some Issues that I have seen are there with the automatic pulling of emails in the system like sales email.

We use mail very extensively and I have not seen this. Can you confirm?
  1. Subject is ALWAYS EMPTY
Known Issue: Will fix it.
  1. It only tags the emails to a LEAD, does not search in CONTACT email ID, or in the email id field of CUSTOMER, SUPPLIER or EMPLOYEE or USER.
Known issue: Will fix it.
  1. There is no way to know the time of the email received, this means that the date and time shown are that of the time of PULLING the email.
Good suggestion - will update time of email in the Communication form.
  1. There is no way to know if we have received a NEW EMAIL or something like this.
We have planned a new Notification Center where you will get all notifications. Whenever it becomes priority :-)

All the above are really important things before anyone can work out and implement in real sense. I guess creating leads for everything is a BAD IDEA as this would lead to the LEAD doctype becoming more of a JUNK and people who plan to us the system for their SALES CYCLE cannot use this doctype.

I might be wrong in my assessment since I am unable to know what is happening, if that is the case, then I would love to hear that how does it actually work.

On Friday, February 8, 2013 8:48:05 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Hi,

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

–

Replies below:

Hi,

Junk Emails are not pulled, only inbox ones are.
It will pull max hundred mails.
Only from Inbox (unread mails)
You can convert a Lead to a Contact.
Attachments appear in the form.
It will pick the first Contact.

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

–

Well I think I understood the recipients' field incorrectly. I think this field is only populated when we send emails but when the system is pulling emails then this field is left blank, this is confirmed.

I would suggest that you could include a code to populate the recipient's field even when the email is fetched, infact this could be very useful, because we could ask the system to only pull those emails where the recipient is in TO field rather than in CC or BCC. I hope you understand what I mean.

–

Contact and Lead pulling issues have been fixed.

On 11-Feb-2013, at 12:53 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I think I understood the recipients' field incorrectly. I think this field is only populated when we send emails but when the system is pulling emails then this field is left blank, this is confirmed.

I would suggest that you could include a code to populate the recipient's field even when the email is fetched, infact this could be very useful, because we could ask the system to only pull those emails where the recipient is in TO field rather than in CC or BCC. I hope you understand what I mean.

–

–

I am still having this problem — Opportunities created from incoming emails show only the subject, but From is blank, and the message body is not included. Is there some special way to configure this?

EDIT: This was either a problem with the way I configured the email or it was an installation problem. I wiped my ERPnext installation and reinstalled, and now it’s behaving as expected. Very nice :grinning:

1 Like