Questions Regarding the Reports

Hi,

First of all let me congratulate the erpnext team for coming up with a great report tool, I think now the new reports tools is only limited by the coding skills of the report maker or mysql.

Anyhow there are a few queries which I would like to know:

1. Is there a way to disable to standard reports? What happens is that the standard reports generally work as a framework for our reports but the column locations etc are needed to be changed therefore almost all of the standard reports have a customized copy in our system and thereby it becomes difficult for users to know which report to use and also this makes the number of reports extremely large.
    1. Is it possible to do a wild card search in the QUERY REPORT filters. These are filters which come on top of each field.

Aditya,

1. You can make a copy of the standard report and rename it slightly differently.
2. There is no wildcard search at the moment (will have to put it as a feature request) --- Its not unthinkable, but it could significantly slow down the system for large queries.

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Dec-2012, at 11:25 AM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

First of all let me congratulate the erpnext team for coming up with a great report tool, I think now the new reports tools is only limited by the coding skills of the report maker or mysql.

1. Is there a way to disable to standard reports? What happens is that the standard reports generally work as a framework for our reports but the column locations etc are needed to be changed therefore almost all of the standard reports have a customized copy in our system and thereby it becomes difficult for users to know which report to use and also this makes the number of reports extremely large.
    1. Is it possible to do a wild card search in the QUERY REPORT filters. These are filters which come on top of each field.

Well, I know we can rename the standard report slightly but my real query is that how do I ensure that the standard report is not shown to the users.

On Monday, December 10, 2012 12:03:52 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Aditya,

1. You can make a copy of the standard report and rename it slightly differently.
2. There is no wildcard search at the moment (will have to put it as a feature request) — Its not unthinkable, but it could significantly slow down the system for large queries.

- Rushabh

Hi,

Aditya,

Reports are shown based on the permission manager - will keep this in mind when we update the reports next.

thanks!

- Rushabh

On 10-Dec-2012, at 12:32 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, I know we can rename the standard report slightly but my real query is that how do I ensure that the standard report is not shown to the users.

Aditya,

2. There is no wildcard search at the moment (will have to put it as a feature request) --- Its not unthinkable, but it could significantly slow down the system for large queries.

- Rushabh

Hi,

Hi Rushabh,

I hope someday we would be able to hide the standard reports from users since many a times we have some other custom report which is different than the standard fields due to our requirement and hence I would like to know if there are any plans to implement the same.

On Monday, December 10, 2012 1:52:11 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Aditya,

Reports are shown based on the permission manager - will keep this in mind when we update the reports next.

thanks!

- Rushabh

On 10-Dec-2012, at 12:32 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Aditya,

- Rushabh

Hi,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Aditya - reports in version 4 can be selected for specific users.

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:33:04 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Hi Rushabh,

I hope someday we would be able to hide the standard reports from users since many a times we have some other custom report which is different than the standard fields due to our requirement and hence I would like to know if there are any plans to implement the same.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.