Reinstall Customized App

Hi,

I was customizing ERPNext such that I have a New Module “Fixed Asset”. The link to repository is https://github.com/akshay83/erpnext/tree/v5.0

The new module helps in generating a depreciation report as required in the Balance Sheet.

Unfortunately something went wrong in the VM and I had to create a New VM. I tried re-installing the app from the above link using bench command (bench get-app --branch) but couldn’t. Any ideas on how this can be done?

regards
Akshay

I was just testing a fresh demo VM downloaded from the web and migrated to V5.0 using the bench command, where I happen to see the following error while opening the installer app from the desk.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 49, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 66, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 77, in execute_cmd
    method = get_attr(cmd)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 98, in get_attr
    method = frappe.get_attr(cmd)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 669, in get_attr
    return getattr(get_module(modulename), methodname)
  File "/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 482, in get_module
    return importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
 ImportError: No module named applications

Could the above error be linked to the non-installation of the App?. This I am asking because whenever I try to install the customized app, I get an error which is similar to the one illustrated above.

Akshay

Just an observation for you verify!. Did you made bench get-app name_of_app link_of_repository? Like this, for instance:

bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext and then you have to install with the same name, like this:
bench frappe --install_app erpnext site1.local

Yes I did it …

Don’t use V5 for production yet. We will fix the bug tomorrow…

Hmmm … I was planning to use V5.0 for production as soon as its announced as stable. In the meanwhile I was trying to get hand on experience with development and customization. Also I was trying to develop modules and features as per our requirement and future use.

@mehta_akshay Great and thanks for making this open source!

Fixed asset is a missing feature and thanks for trying to develop it. We already have some ideas for it (hint: it must use serial nos, so that you can track movement and also integrate with accounting).

I see that you are creating a new module, can you share your ideas?

We are happy to help you in any way we can as long as your work is open source.

Hi,

Thanks for encouragement. My idea currently is to start with minimal values and mandatory fields. I am currently looking at a depreciation report something like below :

Once I am done setting up the same I would be more than happy to share the same. I would also welcome your inputs in the matter.

regards
Akshay

Adding comments here:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/191

If you want create the depreciation tool, we can help.