[Release Notes] ERPNext Version 13 has been released

oops, it was on develop

So I would have to wait or is there a way to bypass (with a fix, that wouldnt break it in long term)?

You can skip it by commenting out that patch for now

I downloaded individual patch from develop and put in the patches folder and it worked!
Thank you very much!

May I jump in here?
I was running into the exact same problem as you did while updating from 12 to 13. Could you let me know where you downloaded the patch and where you put it?

Of course.
I downloaded a patch from develop branch
this patch exactly
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/commit/c21ce42559edba387f9959f2b502dc493afb1fc0
which is this file

and I put it in
~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v13_0
~/frappe-bench/ is my bench location yours could be different.
after overwriting the existing file. run
bench update --patch
After a succesful update install, update it again, it will throw a warning, that your erpnext is different from the repository, just select to ignore your frappe select everything like it is in repository. (as the patch has run, it wont be needed anymore)
If you have any problem, say, I’ll try to help from my journey to v13

2 Likes

That helped me a lot! Thank you very(!) much and have a nice weekend.
I hope that someday I’ll be able to contribute something back to the open source community.

3 Likes

Delete all” button at tables doesn’t apply changes to some docs.
Anyone else having this issue?

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/25469

Trying to Update ERPNEXT from V12.20.2 to V13

Getting error on
bench switch-to-branch version-13 frappe erpnext --upgrade

bench not working after this command.
Recent Traceback of Commands

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 183, in _run_module_as_main
mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_module_details(mod_name, _Error)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 109, in _get_module_details
import(pkg_name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 372
print(f"Message: {strip_html_tags(out.message)}")

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 183, in _run_module_as_main
mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_module_details(mod_name, _Error)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/runpy.py”, line 109, in _get_module_details
import(pkg_name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 372
print(f"Message: {strip_html_tags(out.message)}")

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

This is a user permission issue for some reason as you give the user dashboard roles it reappears

Then How to resolve the above … where am I missing?

I followed the same thing and overwrite the file inside patches. After doing so the update was successful but the login page is now messed up. I don’t understand how to fix it. Can you help me. Here is a screenshot of how it looks like now.

As you can see mainly the css of this page is affected

Just out of curiosity, when will the production ERPNext VM image be updated from v12 to v13?

Download EPRNext VM (erpnext.org)

3 Likes

I am having the same problem for payment reconciliation - this is not working for V13. Has there been any solution? Nothing shows in the Invoice_number drop-down list.

May be this is the fix you are looking for.

V13 update fails with frappe.exceptions.LinkValidationError: Could not find Report: E-Invoice Summary

Trying to upgrade and getting into the above error. Tried frappe.reload_doc(“regional”, “doctype”, “e_invoice_settings”, force=True) and followed by frappe.db.commit()

Still the same error.

@nabinhait could you please help resolving this. This happens in almost all of my sites.

Facing same issue with PDF missing on mobile browser. Tried desktop view in horizontal as well. No change to view

i got this error while installing version13 on Ubuntu 20.10

File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py", line 49, in render
        data = render_page_by_language(path)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py", line 178, in render_page_by_language
        return render_page(path)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py", line 194, in render_page
        return build(path)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py", line 201, in build
        return build_page(path)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py", line 224, in build_page
        html = frappe.get_template(context.template).render(context)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1090, in render
        self.environment.handle_exception()
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 832, in handle_exception
        reraise(*rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source))
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/_compat.py", line 28, in reraise
        raise value.with_traceback(tb)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./www/login.html", line 62, in top-level template code
        <h4>{{ _('Login to {0}').format(app_name or _("Frappe")) }}</h4>
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/web.html", line 1, in top-level template code
        {% extends base_template_path %}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/base.html", line 83, in top-level template code
        {% block content %}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/web.html", line 72, in block "content"
        {{ main_content() }}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 462, in call
        return __context.call(__obj, *args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/runtime.py", line 679, in _invoke
        rv = self._func(*arguments)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/web.html", line 15, in template
        {% block page_container %}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/web.html", line 30, in block "page_container"
        {%- block page_content -%}{%- endblock -%}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./www/login.html", line 73, in block "page_content"
        {{ _("You need to enable JavaScript for your app to work.") }}<br>{{ _("To enable it follow the instructions in the following link: {0}").format("<a href='https://enable-javascript.com/'>enable-javascript.com</a></p>") }}
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 456, in call
        return __self.format_string(fmt, args, kwargs, __obj)
      File "/home/po/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jinja2/sandbox.py", line 449, in format_string
        rv = formatter.vformat(s, args, kwargs)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.8/string.py", line 167, in vformat
        result, _ = self._vformat(format_string, args, kwargs, used_args, 2)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.8/string.py", line 176, in _vformat
        for literal_text, field_name, format_spec, conversion in \
    ValueError: expected '}' before end of string

any idea how to solve this error??

@armin_azimi

Welcome!

May be you must enable JavaScript in your browser.

Hope it helps.