[Release Notes] ERPNext Version 13 has been released

Hi all, thanks for the good work, really impressive so far.
I seem to have come across a bug, the drop down menu in Item Variant Settings comes up empty, there are no fields available for selection:

Thank you. Is there any way to skip the message keeping chart of accounts error free?

Hi gsarunk,

Many thanks for your reply!

I was able to proceed with your advice and finally install v13.

It looks very nice.

What is the best way to report from issues I am having, this

thread, or Issure report on GitHub?

Thank you very much and kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Getting the below error on couple of my sites.

frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Default value for naming_series must be in the list of options.

Could you please help fix this.

1 Like

I have two instances. One the live instance and another one(VM-V13) spun from the snapshot of live instance. Trying to upgrade the VM-V13. Got the above error.

1. made the adjustments in the live system. ie. removed the default values in the address doctype. 2. Took a backup
  2. restored the site in VM-V13 with the new backup from file
  3. ran the update with patch
    This fixed this error.

But running into another error…:frowning:

Appreciate support for below issue;

Incorrect Valuation Rate in Stock Ledger and Repost Item Valuation not working for back dated cancelation [Release v13.0.0]

Hi Nabin,

I don’t agree it is predominantly the community’s problem when you have a large paid team. These problems affect the reputation of ERPNext very badly, and that affects the product, your team and the community. They are avoidable.

I would suggest that you do not spend a couple of days making a token effort. I recommend you pledge that v13.1.0 is the best release you’ve ever done, and every release after that, with the following fixed:

This may take months, but should ensure that you don’t get reviews like these (1st page of Google ‘ERPNext v13’ results): https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/comments/jivgm8/erpnext_v13_is_released_open_source_erp_for/

I want to see ERPNext as the most successful ERP software on the planet. Based on my experience with other software, that is easily achievable. I love the product and we all do our bit, but at the moment the testing and release strategy is letting us all down.

3 Likes

I disagree. When ERPNext claims to be a professional product, A SAP alternative that is what people expect. People are trying to run their business on it, you cannot release it with 1000 open bugs and a failing CI build.

1 Like

Have you resolved the second error?

I just fixed it. Some developer will tell if it’s the right way

sudo systemctl start supervisor
sudo systemctl enable supervisor 
sudo bench setup production <your-user>
sudo reboot
cd <frappe-bench  directory>
bench update
1 Like

Released a patch version for frappe & erpnext, to fix the patching related issues.

3 Likes

This should be fixed in the latest release.

Retail Module is not visible in User doctype. After Migrating from V12 to V13, we cannot allow the Retail module to an existing user.

The Domain 54%20AM is already visible for an existing System Manager. Even if we make an existing user a System Manager this user does not have access to the said Domain.

However, when creating a new it allows access to Retail Domain automatically.

Please see below the Retail Module is not visible in the User doctype.

Please let me know what to do as I need to allow users to assess the POS.

Thank you.

To start, you can read this documentation - Reports in ERPNext

Skip Failing is not recommended, it might cause some other problems in the future or instantlly.

13.0.2 is available, it might help.

1 Like

No it does not seem to be solving the issue. I am still facing the same issue on bench update --patch.

1 Like

Looks like these issues are already fixed as part of patch Release Release v13.0.2 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

For other issues you can log into Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks @Majid_Ejaz
Couple of my sites went through. I will try over the weekend with the patch for the failed ones.

Will try this over the weekend.

Wawo! This new UI is Awsome. Really loved the main dashboard customizations hopefully they will be supported in the future version and will be made even better.

One thing I’m struggling with is ERPNext support for the ‘Production’, ‘IT’, and ‘Admin’ departments. Are there any specific modules and doctypes related to these departments.