[Release Notes] Frappe & ERPNext Version 13.0.0 Beta.1 Released!

How do you install the beta release to test?

I’d say make an installation with the develop branch

or go to beta.erpnext.com (seems not to exist any longer)

Yes i tried installing develop but i got v12 instead of v13. requested for help on how to install v13 but no one responded so i gave up.

seems there is a version-13-beta branch. So you’d use that branch I guess.

1 Like

I figured as much. But for non-developers like me who would want to test to give the everyday user perspectives, there’s really no guide on how to install develop branch. Me thinks that’s why there’s a lot of issues whenever there’s a new version or update release as not all use cases are considered.

Releasing V13 in beta helps in this regard but it should come with install instructions so non-developers can also test and offer divergent user experience perspectives. It will ensure a more stable final release.

1 Like

there was a comment by @michelle a while ago that multi-currency expense claim was going to be part of version-13. It isn’t mentioned here, so I was wondering whether that still in the works and will actually go into version-13 or whether that effort was cancelled?

I think all tutorials for installation tackle the issue of choosing a certain branch.
That does not help with the problem of installation being not an easy task and often failing since quite a while though. maintaining the beta.erpnext.com instance would be a nice thing to have.

you can also create an instance of V13 on the the https://frappe.cloud platform. That would come with costs though (even though they offer some sort of credits for new account owners I believe.

If docker and docker-compose is installed, use tag v13-beta.

git clone https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker.git

cd frappe_docker

cp env-example .env

sed -i -e "s/edge/v13-beta/g" .env

docker-compose --project-name frappebench00 -f installation/docker-compose-common.yml -f installation/docker-compose-erpnext.yml -f installation/erpnext-publish.yml up -d

sleep 15

docker run -it -e "SITE_NAME=v13beta.localhost" -e "INSTALL_APPS=erpnext" -v frappebench00_sites-vol:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites --network frappebench00_default frappe/erpnext-worker:v13-beta new

open in browser http://v13beta.localhost
username: Administrator
password: admin

12 Likes
bench switch-to-branch version-13-beta frappe erpnext --upgrade
bench update --patch
5 Likes

I‘ll try that for sure

During login, after switching branch to version-13-beta

Is there a way to contribute to the release notes? I am missing some new features.

Same Issue with me Invalid version string: ‘13.0.0.beta.1’

If you close the error, and refresh the browser, you can access the system. Short term solution.

1 Like

@glz, @Akram_Mutaher The issue has been fixed with

Please pull the latest commit for both Frappe and ERPNext using git pull cmd.

1 Like

Facing this error:

PS C:\Users\user\frappe_docker> docker-compose
–project-name frappebench00
-f installation/docker-compose-common.yml
-f installation/docker-compose-erpnext.yml
-f installation/erpnext-publish.yml
up -d
At line:2 char:7

• --project-name frappebench00 \

•   ~

Missing expression after unary operator ‘–’.
At line:2 char:7

• --project-name frappebench00 \

•   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unexpected token ‘project-name’ in expression or statement.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:slight_smile: , ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingExpressionAfterOperator

This is a script that runs daily

https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/tests/docker-test.sh

Doesn’t seem to fail here Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence

Check the syntax, command?

Looking at C:\Users\user\frappe_docker>. You’re on windows.

You copy pasted bash script into windows terminal

I don’t have windows machine to copy paste same thing into windows terminal and debug this for you.

If I get access to window machine, I’ll try to solve this.

Edit: I made the commands copy paste friendly. If it doesn’t work on windows try replacing forwardslash (/) with backslash (\) for directory separator. Check how it is in C:\Users\....

did you miss last command?

docker run -it -e "SITE_NAME=v13beta.localhost" -e "INSTALL_APPS=erpnext" -v frappebench00_sites-vol:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites --network frappebench00_default frappe/erpnext-worker:v13-beta new

I skipped the last command and I saw the “don’t panic” page.

Then I ran the command and saw output with progress bar that creates new site and installs erpnext.

❯ docker run -it -e "SITE_NAME=v13beta.localhost" -e "INSTALL_APPS=erpnext" -v frappebench00_sites-vol:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites --network frappebench00_default frappe/erpnext-worker:v13-beta new
Created user _0e393b398cde8a24
Created database _0e393b398cde8a24
Granted privileges to user _0e393b398cde8a24 and database _0e393b398cde8a24
Starting database import...
Imported from database /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/mariadb/framework_mariadb.sql

Installing frappe...
Updating DocTypes for frappe        : [========================================]
Updating country info               : [========================================]

Installing erpnext...
Updating DocTypes for erpnext       : [========================================]
Updating customizations for Address
Updating customizations for Contact
*** Scheduler is disabled ***

Then I was able to view app on url http://v13beta.localhost

https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/tests/docker-test.sh#L69 this test pings new created site for success response. It’s not failing. I am able to create and access site, Test is able to create and ping the site.

I use gnu/linux. Not any time soon I’m going to get access to windows machine. It is just a guess work for me.

Nope i didn’t miss the command. I ran it. But just to be sure i tried to run it again and it says site already exists.