[Release Notes] Frappe v13 Beta.6 & ERPNext v13 Beta.5 šŸŽ‰

The error has been there for a bit. I reported it severally but it received no attention (obviously). In other to complete the patches, iā€™ve had to comment out this and a few other patches that have this error.

I didnā€™t adjust any code. Whenever thereā€™s a new release i spin up a new instance and update to see what changes there are and ā€œwhatā€™s been fixed and/or brokenā€ before applying to my production. If you check the headers of the screenshot (which was unfortunately slightly visible) you would see company name as Demo. Thatā€™s because itā€™s a demo instance i spun to test the new release and that screenshot was taken right after the update. The instance has no data or customization.

Set the website theme to ā€œStandardā€
EDIT: A hard reload fixed the login page for me.

Am also trying to override class but it not called.

thank you for release
i am working on
erpnext 13.0.0-beta.4
frappe 13.0.0-beta.5
and i have customized DocTypes i want to go to the new release erpnext 13.0.0-beta.5
but i want to keep my customized forms and DocTypes how can i do that .
thank you for quick help

Hope this will help.

thank you @Suresh_Thakor i will check this

Has Setup Wizard been removed from v-13-beta?
On installing v-13-beta and starting the instance for the first time does not open Setup Wizard, just opens the Desk page

Hello @Manan_Shah, I do face this issue frequently!

Sometimes, this is reported & some time not! I donā€™t see any fixed pattern (like after upgrading to xx or fresh install or might be due to smaller memory instance, so didnā€™t reported!) but this issue frequently bothers me!

And, there is a simple workaround for this: bench --site site1.local --force reinstall !! You may try this and see, if this issue still persist or disappeared!! Have a good day ahead!

2 Likes

Can we count on the release of ERPNext v13 still in this year?

Hi @asharamseervi
This worked like a charm, thanks for the help

1 Like

@flexy2ky, @revant_one or anyone with login page issue
https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/11903
this PR should resolve the issue.

Till the PR gets merged and released, a hard reload should do the trick as @snv suggested.

@mujeerhashmi

The folder name should be ā€œcustomā€ within with the python file will go, preferably inside a module.

I raised a PR using this feature, sharing link for reference:
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/23640

It did not make any difference. The code does not look like it requires custom folder for it to work though.

While youā€™ve made improvements to the Google Analytics, I thought instead of creating a new thread Iā€™d ask the question here.

When the apps are on develop branch, Google Analytics doesnā€™t work. Iā€™ve given the Analytics ID in my Website Settings, as well as in the site_config file. Is there a workaround for this?

My system broke last time when I gave the analytics js in my website theme :wink:

We need to specify the doctype name whose class is being overridden. So Making SalesInvoice to Sales Invoice worked.

override_doctype_class = { 'Sales Invoice': 'custom_4cs.overrides.CustomSalesInvoice' }

I had the same issue, the css file of login was missing. Copied the file from other server and it resolved the issue.

I have a very simple solution to this issue. follow the below steps.
Step - 1 Go to Website Theme
Step - 2 Click on the Standard theme and duplicate it to another name.
Step - 3 Make Defaults your new theme or go to Website settings and select your new theme.

Thatā€™s all !
it is really funny. try it.

I wasnā€™t receiving this error on ERPNext v12 but receiving now on ERPNext v13; if anyone could help, it will be much appreciated.

ERROR: UnicodeDecodeError: ā€˜utf-8ā€™ codec canā€™t decode byte 0x91 in position 187: invalid start byt - Developers / Bug - ERPNext Forum