Remembering Ranjith Kurungadam

Dear Community,

With extreme sadness I am sharing this news that in a very tragic event, we have lost one of our biggest contributors Ranjith Kurungadam @Ranjith last week in an accident.

For those who don’t know, Ranjith was a part of the Earthians team and they were one of the first ones to come forward and contribute a significant piece of code to this project, the healthcare module. He was also one of the ERPNext Foundation Fellows.

I have personally spent time with Ranjith, most recently at the OSI days event in October, and have always found him to be very humble, talented and hard working, and someone who let his code do his talking. On top of it, a really nice and soft spoken person to be around.

WIth Ranjith at OSI Days (2nd from left)

Ranjith’s will always be remembered for his contributions: rkurungadam (Ranjith Kurungadam) · GitHub

It feels very unfair that such a young and talented person should be taken away before he could reach his potential.

Our sincere thoughts and feelings are with his family, his brother Anoop, @akurungadam and the Earthians team @jamsheer

39 Likes

May the almighty lord rest his soul in peace. And may He give strength and patience to his loved ones in this testing time, Amen.

4 Likes

This is just tragic.
My dealings with Ranjith showed him to be someone whose primary goal in life was to improve the quality of life in others. His contribution to the healthcare module was not inspired by the thought of personal gain but by the chance to provide a quality management solution to medical practices across the globe. Especially to those clinics in developing countries who currently cannot afford other options. I hope through their grief that his family and friends can find time to take pride and joy in the fact that Ranjith Kurungadam worked to provide such a gift to the medical world. This is a lofty goal and one that should not be understated. From across the globe I send out my sincere condolences and upmost respect.

4 Likes

Thanks Rushabh, he would have loved to hear this from you -

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. I guess Rick gauged Ranji’s aspirations precisely, he has indeed showed earthians the way.

5 Likes

Dear Community,
Still I cant believe this is happened, I found him my first community friend with lots of care and helping mind,he is a such a broad-minded guy,he taught me many thing even in the two day sprint in kozhikode and spent a lot time discussing in the last conference.Its been great loss for me personally,may his soul in Rest in Peace.

@Ranjith We Miss U :cry::cry:

3 Likes

I wish nothing but comfort and strength. Rest in peace Ranjith Kurungadam @Ranjith

2 Likes

Heartfelt condolences. May his soul rest in piece.

2 Likes

Thanks all for your prayers.

3 Likes

My deepest condolences for his family and the community.

2 Likes

Rest in peace @Ranjith

2 Likes

My deepest condolences for his family and the community.

2 Likes

Very sad news.

I will remember my interactions with him during the ERPNext conference and also v11 HR development to which he significantly contributed along with the Earthians team.

My sincere condolences to his family and @akurungadam

2 Likes