Remove View this in your browser via UI?

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the ‘View this in your browser’ link in emails using the UI or must it be hard coded ? Posts on the subject that I can find are dated.

TIA

Do you mean this? System settings → Email

Hope this helps.

Thank you @avc . I have located the setting and it is unchecked, however the link still appears in the message body of emailed docs. Could that setting be overridden somewhere else?

Hi there:

I see, isn’t working for me , maybe it’s not related option. This link seems come from print_link.html template (frappe/templates/emails)

<p>
	<a href="{{ url }}/{{ doctype }}/{{ name }}?format={{ print_format|urlencode }}&key={{ key|urlencode }}">{{ _("View this in your browser") }}</a>
</p>

You can edit this template or try to override it . (I don’t know if it is possible … )

Edit: I think this is a “missed” option … I’ve found this:

Hope this helps.

Yes , previous posts point to editing /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/templates/emails/print_link.html

Hopefully this will get fixed at some point.

Thanks again.

If you override frappe/frappe/templates/emails/print_link.html file, you need to create same file directory in your custom app like your-app/your-app/templates/emails/print_link.html. Then in new print_link.html write the code that you want.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

1 Like

Commenting out the link seems to work:

<p>
<!--    <a href="{{ url }}/{{ doctype }}/{{ name }}?format={{ print_format|urlencode }}&key={{ key|urlencode }}">{{ _("View this in your browser") }}</a> -->
</p>
1 Like