I have to change name of customer Doctype to Subscriber is it possible? Replacing all "Customer" with "Subscriber" and "tabCustomer" to "tabSubscriber" will work?
Renaming Customer DocType without understanding its impact is analogous to fiddling with the Linux kernel without understanding it. Are you sure you want to dive into such murky waters?
Why would you want to rename a DocType? Even we do it cautiously.
Things will break. We won't be able to help you out when they do. Updates will be a headache. Eventually, you will give up on the updates. In sum, a maintenance nightmare.
Maybe the question itself is baseless. If you elaborate what you are trying to do, we might be able to suggest you a much better and maintainable solution.
@rmehta
I need to change the customer doctype to patient, means all i wish to show the customer label as patient everywhere the customer doctype coming, even in the link field (+create new customer (my label, ie patient. )) .Hope u got me.
Please help me I am a beginner in erpNext.
@rmehta@JoEz Here, I can see. Same issue was raised by Gangadhar Shaktiman. Still there is no progress for this issue. Issue raised Apr, 13 and now Apr, 17.