Report builder not working

Report builder is not working , screen becomes faded and i am not able to do anything . I created a custom module and doctype in which if i create a script or query report it opens but report builder does not work . please help I tried restarting the bench , computer , cleared cache , refreshed lot of times . still problem persists .

Share your js console

js console log
localStorage cleared
desk.min.js:11055 Cleared App Cache.
desk.min.js:11089 localStorage cleared
desk#Report/Material master/new:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0

There seems to be an issue with your JSON (report document)

Sir , please guide me , what should I do now ? I deleted it , cleared the cache and made a new report but the problem persists . Please help me to come out of this issue .

My json file

{
“add_total_row”: 1,
“apply_user_permissions”: 1,
“creation”: “2016-05-23 09:36:28.022317”,
“disabled”: 0,
“docstatus”: 0,
“doctype”: “Report”,
“idx”: 0,
“is_standard”: “Yes”,
“modified”: “2016-05-23 09:38:31.381829”,
“modified_by”: “Administrator”,
“module”: “Material Master”,
“name”: “new”,
“owner”: “Administrator”,
“ref_doctype”: “Material master”,
“report_name”: “new”,
“report_type”: “Report Builder”
}

Sir please help me

Can someone help me with this ?

@ragav How are you creating the report? I think you are directly creating the Report record. In that case, that is not the correct way, you need to go Report view of the particular document and then select the required columns and filters and save the report. Report record will be automatically created.

I did exactly as you said but it is not working sir

Hi all
I’m having exactly the same issue. When I try to build a Builder Report for Item , and then from Item I go to report on the left Side menu, the Report page is showed empty and the Webapp stop to work , it became unresponvie and I have to cloe it. From Console i see this Exception:

“Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0”

I used Developer → Report to build the report
thanks for your attention really appreciated

Ciao Ragav did you had any chance to solve this?

I’m strugglin on it now.

hi @nabinhait, I have the same problem, any update for this issue?

Please share an error trace / screenshot