Request for Full Frappe/ERPNext Integration with MedusaJS

I am reaching out to request a full integration of Frappe with the headless e-commerce platform MedusaJS. As a user of ERPNext, I believe that integrating Frappe with MedusaJS would greatly enhance the capabilities of ERPNext in handling e-commerce functionalities.

MedusaJS is known for its robust headless e-commerce features, and integrating it with Frappe would provide ERPNext users with a seamless solution for managing their e-commerce operations. This integration could include features such as syncing product catalogs, orders, customer data, and more between ERPNext and MedusaJS.

I believe that this integration would not only benefit current users of ERPNext but also attract new users who are looking for a comprehensive e-commerce solution. I am confident that FRAPE’s expertise in developing ERPNext can be leveraged to create a powerful integration with MedusaJS.

I would appreciate it if you could consider this request and provide any updates on the possibility of integrating Frappe with MedusaJS.

Sincerely,
@edardev

5 Likes

I agree. This will be very valuable for both communities.

3 Likes

I believe it’s time we can set aside sometime to investigate what it takes to integrate ERPNext to Medusa OMS/ecom. Medusa have just released version 2 today, with integration into consideration.

3 Likes

I agree, it’s a great time to start investing time in integrating MedusaJS into ERPNext, and vice versa. With MedusaJS’s latest release and its integration considerations, we can explore how these two systems can work together seamlessly.

3 Likes

I am also very interested in this. Ecommerce is why I began using ErpNext. I have an erpnext version 14 instance running on GCP and I was planning to move to version 15 towards the end of this year.

There has been some discussions with open source Ecommerce tool integrations before in this forum. I see @UC77 also in that thread. Great to see more people are excited about this. With MedusaJS V2, I am more hopeful about this possibility.

I concur with the idea here, to have 2 distinct systems for ecommerce and erp functionality in case something breakes.

ERPNext is great at what it does, has a very comprehensive list of fuctionalities that mostly work without bugs. Great for what you would expect from an ERP system. Great accounting, inventory, HR and so on… If Medusa is just that for Ecommerce, I think synergy we can get out of this is massive.

I am not a skilled programmer, I actually develop hardware but I am currently following @buildwithhussain Frappe Developer Bootcamp on youtube. After I finish it I will explore deveoping custom integrations and using the API.

5 Likes

I have recently landed on Medula a few months back.
Explored the product and some case studies, and it is a potential product.

If it is integrated with ERPNext , trusts me that will disrupt the ecom landscape.

3 Likes

I agree that we need this integration, along with a better POS system, all synced with each other

1 Like

Commenting to stay in loop.

This image shows the architecture of how Catalog (a French B2B company) integrates Medusa and their ERP system. I am sharing it as an example.

Everybody has a unique use case scenerio for what they’d want to do, what we are all interested in is how we can connect to ERPNext.

I will try to build a GCP instane of MedusaJS to see if I like it, to get familiar with it and to build some experience. Also there are Youtube tutorials on how people use Strapi as CMS with MedusaJS. As we have ERPNext, we would manage the content from our ERPNext instance.

I will write what I will try to achieve after my initial experimentation and after watching Frappe Developer bootcamp from @buildwithhussain.

Lets say myERPNextWebsite.com is my ERPNext website domain.

Maybe a custom Doctype or even an App in ERPNext is needed to manage this API communication. For example we would not want all inventory to be listed in the store, only some selected ones. Builtin Ecommerce functionality of ERPNext (Webshop) already has a Doctype for that, called “Website Items”

Perhaps we can fetch what is “published” in this Doctype for our MedusaJS store?

I know there is already a WooCommerce integration and even Shopify integration in ERPNext, although I personally never tested them, I would want to see how these apps manage the communication, what information is shared ther, how is the logic, what is triggered when a Sale is achieved, so on so forth… If somebody has experience using those, please feel free to jump in to give us some ideas.

There are whole bunch of other considerations I could add here, like what happens if a guest orders a product, how can that be managed on the ERPNext side and so on, but I don’t want to make this post to get extra long and complicated. Also I would first want to test Medusa before I talk further. Quite possibly, even some integrations to WooCommerce and so on even answered those questions.

3 Likes

Awesome start @Y_S.

I am aware (as well) of the venture backed startup Catalog and how they’ve encorporated Medusa with integrations. Next week I’ll try to write down what research I have done throughout the past 4 months as well and we can collaboratively glue things together.

I’m happy things are starting to take off.

3 Likes

Perfect, Would love to contribute!

3 Likes

I would love to contribute as well

2 Likes

This is a good starting point — where ERPNext will take over for the POS part/aspect: POS | Medusa

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience with using POS in ERPNext yet, I know next to the built in POS there are some others custom developed solutions on Github, like POS Awesome.

There is a great intro video to the ERPNext POS from @Support-at-ERPgulf here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQqnnAqPLvo&ab_channel=ERPGulf

For my own case, I dont think connection of POS to the MedusaJS is required. Because Medusa is supposed to communicate with ERPNext to do the Accounting booking entry, update inventory, create invoice and so on. POS in ERPNext seems to be doing all of these already.

One thing I didn’t see in ERPNext POS was the card payments integration, I can use a card payment machine from Stripe or Paypal here in Germany, and although it wouldnt be physically connected to the ERPNext system, I guess I can enter what the customer needs to pay manually and click that it is paid in ERPNext POS. Although it is not optimal, it is a solution.

I would love to have self checkout kiosk for customer to pick what he wants, and even pay with card so entire process is much more efficient. However this needs to be developed and I am not even sure if I have enough programming skills to take care of connecting Medusa to ERPNext :smiley: This kiosk and auto payment thing would be above my capabilities.

Please feel free to jump in and recommend if integrated card payment or kiosk is achieved for us to use.