Rest API 500 internal server error

Hello guys.

Trying to setup a Postman connection to my system but I don’t seem to get it right. Trying to make a POST call to:
https://mysite.erpnext.com/api/resource/Production%20Order

It does work if I call Frappe Cloud and pass usr and pwd as parameter

It also works from the browser.

Can anybody enlighten me here?

Cheers
Ewerton

Responding my own question: immediately after I posted it I found the doc below:
https://frappe.github.io/frappe/current/api/frappe.api

I should be using GET instead of POST

Although I was able to call it from postman, when I call it from my application I am getting a permission error when I call it from my application:

item: [“Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 60, in application\n response = frappe.api.handle()\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 112, in handle\n doctype, **frappe.local.form_dict)})\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py", line 897, in call\n return fn(*args, **newargs)\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/client.py", line 29, in get_list\n limit_start=limit_start, limit_page_length=limit_page_length, ignore_permissions=False)\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py", line 1076, in get_list\n return frappe.model.db_query.DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(None, *args, **kwargs)\n File "/home/frappe/benches/bench-2017-01-10/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 35, in execute\n raise frappe.PermissionError, self.doctype\nPermissionError: Production Order\n”]

any idea?

Cheers
ewerton

Looking at the cookies it seems that it is trying to log in as Guest:

You need to pass the cookies you receive after logging in to the server with your other GET/POST messages.

Yes, it worked… Thanks

My API invocations were working till a few days ago where I make a login POST call to Frappe Cloud, capturing all the cookies, and then passing them back to GET calls like Frappe Cloud. However now I have started getting 500 Internal Server Error.

I am using the hosted version. Is there a way to check server side logs? What else could be going wrong?

thanks!

“Is there a way to check server side logs?”

Not that I am aware - I believe your only recourse is to email support@erpnext.com with your request?

thanks!

I figured it out. I was setting Content-Type: application/json on the request which was resulting in the following error:

“ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded[\n]”

Commenting out that line fixed it.

hi @EwertonMoreira even i’m facing same problem can you please text how u resolved that error step by step i’m not getting it. Thank you