S3 Backup Error: AttributeError: 'BackupGenerator' object has no attribute 'todays_date'

I am getting this error when trying to run s3 backup:

Traceback (most recent call last): File
“apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/s3_backup_settings/s3_backup_settings.py”, line 81, in take_backups_s3 backup_to_s3() File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/s3_backup_settings/s3_backup_settings.py”, line 129, in backup_to_s3 generate_files_backup() File “apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/offsite_backup_utils.py”, line 115, in generate_files_backup backup.set_backup_file_name() File “apps/frappe/frappe/utils/backups.py”, line 210, in set_backup_file_name for_conf = f"{self.todays_date}-{self.site_slug}-site_config_backup.json" AttributeError: ‘BackupGenerator’ object has no attribute ‘todays_date’

Has anyone encountered this before and how to fix please.

Encountered the same issue. Please do bench clear-cache command. This will fix the problem

@pythonpen Thanks but this didn’t fix the problem. The issue occurs if I check backup files. if I uncheck that option, backup works successfully.

Yes, you are right. Will keep posted on the solution as I find it, since this is a critical requirement for me that needs fixed.

1 Like

https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/16273

This PR has the fix for this issue

Awesome. Hope this is merged as soon as possible. Thanks for your effort.

issue was if file zip size is in GB the code breaks