Salary Slip / Duplicate Name

Hello,

I have created and deleted several salary slips (Cancel, Delete) and suddenly I am unable to create a Salary Slip for one Employee - getting following Error (both in Payroll and Salary Slips): “Duplicate name Salary Slip Sal Slip/EMP/0013/00003”.

This Salary Slip number is present in the Salary Slip List and is Cancelled. There is one Salary Slip amended to this one. It seems that the numbering series is broken.

Is there any way how to change the current value? I could not find this under the Naming Series, unfortunately.

ERPNext: v10.1.43 (master)
Frappe Framework: v10.1.42 (master)

Thanks,
Karel

You can update the series.
Just search Naming Series in search bar

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/articles/naming-series-current-value

Hi, as mentioned in my post - I tried that but can’t find that prefix (or anything related to the Salary Slips) in the Naming Series. Am I doing something wrong?

You can delete the cancelled salary slip and try to create new salary slip.

That’s the problem - as there is another slip that was amended from Sal Slip/EMP/0013/00003, I can’t delete it. The only way seems to update the series, however, I am unable to find the way so far.

Hmmm… If you have database access try to change in database. I think it’s tabSeries table.

1 Like

Perfect, that’s exactly what I needed to know, thank you!

1 Like

Great :+1: