Sales invoice print format customization

Hi,

I’m trying to change the way my invoices are printed and first I want to disable printing the item description.

If I disable the description field in the items table like this

I lose the whole description column including item_name and item_code.

Any ideas how I can fix that?

I’ve tried setting in customize form various options for, print hide in the corresponding fields and always end up with the same result. Either I show the full description including the other fields, or all the fields disappear.

I have no clue where to look at. Any help is appreciated.

another way is to create custom print format.

This is created in html and jinjha template

1 Like

Hi,
If you have tried customize form various options then as per my experience one more way,i think you have to use cutom print format.
https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/customize-erpnext/print-format.html

I see, it seems the only way to do it is build the whole invoice template from scratch then without using the builder although the builder looked really nice and I was hoping to avoid it
Thank you very much for the links you provided they should help a lot so I’ll go ahead with this solution

However I’m pretty curious why this happens so I tracked down this piece of code in
erpnext/controllers/print_settings.py

doc.hide_in_print_layout = ["item_code", "item_name", "image", "uom", "stock_uom"]

Is there a reason why forcing to hide these 5 columns in print layouts is hardcoded? It should affect all print layouts too the way I see it.