Sales invoices without comission

Hello there,

The docs states:

Sales Invoice

**A Sales Invoice is a bill that you send to your Customers against which the Customer makes the payment.**

But the sales invoice comes with a commission column that makes no sense for the client. If this is the expected behavior I have two questions:

1. How can I create a sales invoice without this reference for the commission? The company here manages everything inside, and there is no need for commission since we are the ones making the sell.

2. Why is this the default behavior? I am asking for a business perspective. Sales invoice are the main thing about EPR ($$), and what a client gains from knowing commission rates?

Thanks for the support in advance.

To be more clear about it.

I managed to remove one field of commission using the print format editor. And by checking the compact format, I almost got what I need.

But there is still some reference for commission on the sales invoice that is supposed to go to the client. The Grant Commission stilll there with 1 as value, that has no importance for my clients at all.

Under your Sales Invoice Print Format Click on “Select Columns” under Items (Table)

And uncheck Grant Commission

and then Apply and save

1. How can I create a sales invoice without this reference for the commission? The company here manages everything inside, and there is no need for commission since we are the ones making the sell.
  2. Why is this the default behavior? I am asking for a business perspective. Sales invoice are the main thing about EPR ($$), and what a client gains from knowing commission rates?

Grant commission is there basically for Sales Partner in case of sales invoice… Your customer can be your Distributor or Agent. They might need to know the commission provided on an item which both of you have agreed upon

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

Now my custom sales invoice is working perfectly if i click on print, but when I send the invoice direcly it goes the old standard model, even after I set the new one as default.

Sales Invoice no Commission is now default print format for Sales Invoice doctype

Does any one know why is this the default behavior? I am curious about it, maybe i am missing something.