Sales Order delivery dates - multiple

Apologies for what may be a basic question…

I create a new SO, and fill in the Expected Delivery Date.  In the ‘item’ area down below, there’s a Delivery Date field to fill in as well, but any value I enter there is overwritten by the Expected Date first entered up top. 
Under customize, checking ‘allow on submit’ for the Delivery Date field doesn’t seem to help, as I can only change it by editing the top Expected Date.

So my question is this; since we frequently process multiple ship dates on the same sales order, is there any feasible to allow us to change individual ship dates on specific items, regardless of the Expected Date on top?

Thanks in advance!

TB

Dear Tim,

Looking like you did not pull updates from github from long time. The "Delivery Date" field in item table has been deprecated in current version. You can pull latest update (look at github wiki for procedure) and after that add a custom field "Delivery Date" in Sales Order item table.

If you don't want latest update, then overwrite "validate_for_items" function (remove overwriting logic) of "sales_order.py" file by writing custom script.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Tim <ba…@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies for what may be a basic question…

I create a new SO, and fill in the Expected Delivery Date. In the 'item' area down below, there's a Delivery Date field to fill in as well, but any value I enter there is overwritten by the Expected Date first entered up top.

Under customize, checking 'allow on submit' for the Delivery Date field doesn't seem to help, as I can only change it by editing the top Expected Date.

So my question is this; since we frequently process multiple ship dates on the same sales order, is there any feasible to allow us to change *individual* ship dates on specific items, regardless of the Expected Date on top?

Thanks in advance!

TB

Dear Tim,

Sorry, I did not realize that you are using SAAS model and made a custom field for "Delivery Date" in Sales Order Item.
I have made changes in the code, now that field will be editable to you and will not be overwritten by standard "Expected Delivery Date" field.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Dear Tim,

Looking like you did not pull updates from github from long time. The "Delivery Date" field in item table has been deprecated in current version. You can pull latest update (look at github wiki for procedure) and after that add a custom field "Delivery Date" in Sales Order item table.

If you don't want latest update, then overwrite "validate_for_items" function (remove overwriting logic) of "sales_order.py" file by writing custom script.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Tim <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

I create a new SO, and fill in the Expected Delivery Date. In the 'item' area down below, there's a Delivery Date field to fill in as well, but any value I enter there is overwritten by the Expected Date first entered up top.

Under customize, checking 'allow on submit' for the Delivery Date field doesn't seem to help, as I can only change it by editing the top Expected Date.

So my question is this; since we frequently process multiple ship dates on the same sales order, is there any feasible to allow us to change *individual* ship dates on specific items, regardless of the Expected Date on top?

Thanks in advance!

TB

Thanks Nabin-

We've only been using the system for about a month now, so I'm still learning… but does this apply to the hosted version also? If there's a way for me to modify code that would be great, but I've assumed my version is more or less locked down compared to a standalone version…

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Dear Tim,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Tim <ba…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks in advance!

TB

Thanks Nabin - our emails must have crossed.

I'm very appreciative for your assistance - thank you very much!

t

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Dear Tim,

Sorry, I did not realize that you are using SAAS model and made a custom field for "Delivery Date" in Sales Order Item.
I have made changes in the code, now that field will be editable to you and will not be overwritten by standard "Expected Delivery Date" field.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Nabin Hait <na…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Dear Tim,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Tim <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks in advance!

TB