Sanity check please ==> pricing rules not working in V13, at all!

ERPNext: v13.0.1 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.0.2 (version-13)

I am attempting to use Pricing Rules for the first time.

I create rules according to the ancient video : Pricing Rule

I have tried different selections for “Price or Product Discount”, “Applicable For”, etc.

When I create Quotations or Sales Orders there is not the slightest evidence that they are detecting the existence of Pricing Rules at all.

Am I the only one unable to create Pricing Rules?

can you please provide step by step what you have done, then I can try on my version-13 instance tomorrow in the office.

It would be better if you were do what you know is correct and then just let me know whether or not there’s something broken.

1 Like

I wrote that last post in a rush yesterday. Now it looks kind of rude. Sorry. Didn’t mean to be.

The fact is I lost track of all the things I tried, but none of what I did gave me any clue why it would not be working.

Is there some sort of “Allow Pricing Rules” system setting that I need to turn on … maybe?

I do appreciate your willingness to help with this.

Sometimes a very long time passes before a reply comes from someone who knows what they’re doing (diclaimer: I do not). Sometimes they don’t come at all.

I have not used pricing rule myself, but here’s some ideas:

• try enable / disable the rule a couple times (and enable disable between changes below)
  • make sure to SAVE and reload to verify changes/modifications saved to pricing rule
  • Try different options for “apply on”
  • Try different options for “price” or “product discount”
  • Try to keep your rules as minimal as possible during testing but…
  • Set a broad and “valid from” / “valid to” range
  • Also look if there are any “not required” fields which may actually be required to make it function?
  • Pay attention to “Notes” at bottom and make sure you understand all conditions

If this fails, next step (if you know a little python) would be to look around the code in the app sections where you think pricing rules should apply (quotations and sales orders?) and see if there are even IF statement checks for pricing rules to apply there.

example (links to pricing rule search in code)…

can probably narrow it down searching for get_pricing_rule_for_item

Yeah! @jpuser

I have already done a good portion of things on your list and got no where at all.

That’s why my question is … Am I the only one unable to create Pricing Rules?

Just to confirm that the fault is in me and not some screw up in the latest release.

ERPNext: v13.0.1 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.0.2 (version-13)

I appreciate you desire to help.

If you have time to torture yourself further while you wait for official response, you could always deploy v12 in a vm and see if what you’re trying to do works there and report back. If it works in v12 but not v13, then that’s probably something they will take a closer look at sooner. Oh and be sure to use github issue log for report like that if you confirm v12 worked and v13 does not… Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

also check first…
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues?q=pricing+rules

my test on my latest version-13 is OKay
screen shot with key info attached as below

Price rule

It is also working for me.

I shall try to identify what I might have been doing wrong.

Grateful for your efforts!