Serial Numbers for stock items

Can we enter the serial numbers through the stock entry and sales/purchase order forms and place the items in the stock ledger serialized? I want to be able to enter and track individual serialized stock items.

@sirbizz ,

Stock ledger is generated based on stock movements, such as delivery, receipt, and stock entry. there will be no effect on the Stock Ledger while making Sales/Purchase Order.

Thanks

Awesome, I was wondering when we input items using stock entry how we can add serial numbers to items, lets say we revive 10 items and we want to add serial numbers for each of them. That way when we send them to a customer we know which one we sent by also including the serial number in the stock issue.

First Create a Material Request for the Customer then create Stock Entry.

The serial number will be fetched automatically if you use the stock valuation method as FIFO in the Stock Setting.

Thanks.

I don’t see where I can add serial number to a material request, I don’t want erpnext to generate serial numbers.

Please refer this guide for better understanding. :point_right: Serial Number

Thanks

We can use Segregate Serial / Batch Bundle option to track the transactions against each item in Serial No and Batch no wise in stock ledger report. Use Add Serial / Batch No button in purchase or sales doctypes child tables to add Serial number for each item.