Setting for Accounting Entries when doing Production Order and Delivery Note

Hi

I have noticed that whenever I create a BOM production order which resulting in a stock entry record, there will be posting into accounting. This is the same as when doing a Delivery Order.

Is there some where we can setup such that accounting entries are passed only when Sales Invoice is submitted?

Thanks
Boon Yar

There is update stock check box on Sales Invoice document which you can explore to see if it meets your requirement.

Hi Pawan,

Ok i will explore that… but actually I am wondering if we have a setting that do not create accounting entries whenever Production Order is made. Because technically the Delivery Note is not issued yet so we do not want to see any entries in the Trial Balance/Ledger.

Thanks
Boon Yar

Hi Pawan,

We got an error when we check the Update Stock in SI. It seems to suggest because we have done a Delivery Note.

So when we proceed with it, the balance of all the underlying items which made up this product (i.e. as it is set up using BOM) did not get deducted.

SO I am thinking, that means for items which are setup as Product which has a BOM tied to it, we cannot bypass the Production Order document and go straight into Delivery Note.

Kindly advise. Thanks!
Boon Yar