1. Company
  2. Sales Order
  3. Item
  4. Item Group
  5. Address
  6. Customer
  7. Warehouse
  8. UOM

Why do I see the following on the Sidebar Menu and how can I remove them ?

1. Manufacturing
  2. Human Resource
  3. Learn
  4. Website
  5. Tools

Moreover when I click on Manufacturing it shows up the link for BOM and BOM Browser and I am able to click on New and create a new BOM, similarly when I click on Human Resource it shows the link for Job Applicant. Am I missing something here or is it a bug?

p.s These modules are also unchecked from the Show/Hide Modules list

Hi @keshav! Is the user you use in logging in ONLY has this custom role you mentioned? Because in the USER level, there is also an option for MODULE ACCESS.

Hi @creamdory, yes, the user has ONLY this custom role.
Here are the settings for the user:

I’m facing the same issue

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/8942

Please check modules setup from search bar

It’s not set. I think it’s to do with permissions. BOM seems to have permissions for role ‘All’.

Following PR should fix the BOM part of it. Job Opening doctype is being shown since it has ‘Guest’ role access. This will still need to be fixed.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/8944

Thanks @ishanloya.

Is there a way to hide or remove the following as well?

1. Learn
  2. Website
  3. Tools

All these doctypes have permissions set for Role “All”. You can set custom permissions from the role permission manager for level 0. Just add level 0 with no read, write, etc. access to the role.

Not able to understand the suggestion.
Kindly confirm , you are saying to update the permission of the doctyes in the role ALL
I tried but system is not allowing to change the doctypes permission for role ALL

Say for “Guest” after making changes it should look like below…Similarly for “ALL”

Is there a way to hide these links on the sidebar in the new release?

check my post at Hiding default modules - #3 by cyberdee

1 Like