Site-creator container not running on dingle bench docker install on GCP debian buster

Hi,

I have been stuck with this problem for 2-3 days now. I was able to install single bench erpnect on a VM instance on GCP which is running Debian buster using this tutorial. https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/docs/single-bench.md

But when I try to access the site using my domain which I have made A record for the instance static IP, it gives me ‘Bad Gateway’ and when I directly type in the IP address of my instance, it throw 404 not found error.

I went through alot of post involving Bad Gateway and 404 issues and haven’t got any solution. I learned from one post that I can view docker logs of the containers and when I tried to view logs of site-creator, it doesn’t exist. I also did docker ps and listed all containers but couldn’t see any name site-creator.

I am fairly new to docker and I am really frustrated with this issue.

Edit: I have found the docker logs for site-creator_1 and this is it.
/usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: line 68: /home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/apps.txt: Permission denied
config file not created, retry 1
config file not created, retry 2
config file not created, retry 3
config file not created, retry 4
config file not created, retry 5
config file not created, retry 6
config file not created, retry 7
config file not created, retry 8
config file not created, retry 9
config file not created, retry 10
config file not created, retry 11
config file not created, retry 12
config file not created, retry 13
config file not created, retry 14
config file not created, retry 15
config file not created, retry 16
config file not created, retry 17
config file not created, retry 18
config file not created, retry 19
config file not created, retry 20
config file not created, retry 21
config file not created, retry 22
timeout: config file not created

Hi, there. I solved the issue by creating a user ‘frappe’ and adding it to sudo group. Then you can login as frappe root and install without any permission issues. I am sure more people are going to get this problem. Hope this helps you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.