I was troubleshooting a frappe version-14 installation where node-socketio wasn’t working. I checked discuss forum and the solutions didn’t help my case.
After some digging around, found one the issue.
- node-socketio wasn’t listening on port 9000
- npm dependencies were correctly installed for frappe app
- node and npm was installed using nvm in production user
- socketio config was getting added to nginx.conf
- no relevant errors in
- its config section was missing from supervisor.conf
bench setup socketiodidn’t help; Anyways it was deprecated.
While looking into source code of bench, found that a variable
node was being referred in template for supervisor.conf. This variable was derived by checking presence of
node. This wasn’t going work in the troubled installation because node wasn’t installed in
bench setup supervisor- this command is run without sudo and hence will be able to detect node installation correctly.
- install node in root user and make sure that it gets added to path when a command is run as sudo. After that, run
sudo bench setup production frappe
- rectified from
bench setup supervisorto
bench setup socketioin troubleshooting steps
- mentioned frappe version