[SOLVED] Can't send emails after upgrading to V7 (JobTimeoutException: Job exceeded maximum timeout value (300 seconds)

Seems the communications with email are broken after my upgrade. I had customized things in the communications.py before (in v6), but now i’m with the standard file (downloaded again from the git repository). I have tried restarting machine / services several times.

Other thing thar happens, is when I enter to Configurations, Email accounts, it freezes when I try to one one of the emails I have configured (for instance the Sales default email). But I have checked thought mariadb and the data is there.

Any idea about how can I check the spool status or reinstall all the mail programming files / components? Thanks

Seems that the Email Spool is not working, new emails don’t arrive to the Spool log of ERPNext. I have some errors when I try to send any:

Message 1:

Método
sendmail
Error

{‘retry’: 0, ‘log’: <function log at 0x7fe33fac8230>, ‘site’: u’site1.local’, ‘event’: u’sendmail’, ‘method_name’: u’sendmail’, ‘method’: <function sendmail at 0x7fe343ba35f0>, ‘user’: u’Administrator’, ‘kwargs’: {‘lang’: u’es’, ‘attachments’: u’[]‘, ‘recipients’: [u’terronr@gmail.com’], ‘cc’: [], ‘print_html’: u’‘, ‘session’: {u’data’: {u’session_expiry’: u’06:00:00’, u’session_country’: None, ‘csrf_token’: ‘533e873ee3934e1656b24679155a67522a210d3ed86a75a1dbaa6598’, u’last_updated’: ‘2016-09-08 11:52:46.551785’, u’lang’: u’es’, u’user_type’: None, ‘user’: u’Administrator’, u’full_name’: None, u’device’: u’desktop’, ‘session_ip’: u’127.0.0.1’}, u’user’: u’Administrator’, u’sid’: u’7c0c9106dfd0adaa50066fd0045a7ed2225c6f5e97c709087f69e3de’}, ‘communication_name’: ‘9c2c5992c3’, ‘print_format’: u’Proforma PDF Email’}, ‘async’: True, ‘job_name’: u’<function sendmail at 0x7f58be7b6e60>'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 61, in execute_job
method(**kwargs)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 387, in sendmail
recipients=recipients, cc=cc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py”, line 177, in _notify
_notify(self, print_html, print_format, attachments, recipients, cc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 121, in _notify
prepare_to_notify(doc, print_html, print_format, attachments)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 220, in prepare_to_notify
print_format=print_format, html=print_html))
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1174, in attach_print
“fcontent”: get_print(doctype, name, print_format=print_format, style=style, html=html, as_pdf=True, doc=doc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1157, in get_print
return get_pdf(html)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/pdf.py”, line 16, in get_pdf
pdfkit.from_string(html, fname, options=options or {})
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/src/pdfkit/pdfkit/api.py”, line 68, in from_string
return r.to_pdf(output_path)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/src/pdfkit/pdfkit/pdfkit.py”, line 129, in to_pdf
stdout, stderr = result.communicate(input=input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 799, in communicate
return self._communicate(input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1401, in _communicate
stdout, stderr = self._communicate_with_poll(input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1455, in _communicate_with_poll
ready = poller.poll()
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rq/timeouts.py”, line 51, in handle_death_penalty
‘value ({0} seconds)’.format(self._timeout))
JobTimeoutException: Job exceeded maximum timeout value (300 seconds)

Message 2:

Método
frappe.core.doctype.communication.email.sendmail
Error
{
“attachments”: “[]”,
“cc”: [],
“communication_name”: “9438b3913a”,
“lang”: “es”,
“print_format”: “Varmys: Cotizaci\u00f3n Email PDF”,
“print_html”: “”,
“recipients”: [
ruben.terron@rtimagine.com
]
}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 387, in sendmail
recipients=recipients, cc=cc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py”, line 177, in _notify
_notify(self, print_html, print_format, attachments, recipients, cc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 121, in _notify
prepare_to_notify(doc, print_html, print_format, attachments)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/email.py”, line 220, in prepare_to_notify
print_format=print_format, html=print_html))
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1174, in attach_print
“fcontent”: get_print(doctype, name, print_format=print_format, style=style, html=html, as_pdf=True, doc=doc)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1157, in get_print
return get_pdf(html)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/pdf.py”, line 16, in get_pdf
pdfkit.from_string(html, fname, options=options or {})
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/src/pdfkit/pdfkit/api.py”, line 68, in from_string
return r.to_pdf(output_path)
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/src/pdfkit/pdfkit/pdfkit.py”, line 129, in to_pdf
stdout, stderr = result.communicate(input=input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 799, in communicate
return self._communicate(input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1401, in _communicate
stdout, stderr = self._communicate_with_poll(input)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1455, in _communicate_with_poll
ready = poller.poll()
File “/home/varmys/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rq/timeouts.py”, line 51, in handle_death_penalty
‘value ({0} seconds)’.format(self._timeout))
JobTimeoutException: Job exceeded maximum timeout value (300 seconds)

Kind Regards,

Rubén

Seems that the Postfix has no pending emails to send:

postqueue -p
Mail queue is empty

So, it seems a problem with my python files.

Is the file from the frappe git a good one for the erpnext 7?

I mean this one:

I have copied it manually, then restart everything to be compilled.

Regards

Yes this is the latest file.

Okay, Thanks.

Anybody knows if there is there any queue before the Postfix one?

Maybe when I tried to send a email with my modified v6 communications.py in the v7 after upgrading, it caused the problem and it’s blocked. Cause the first communication arrived to the queue of the erpnext mail spool log. But never came out of the server. After that, they don’t even appear in the queue spool log, jut in the error logs with the messages I pasted before.

Thanks,

I changed the local IP of the server, can this may the problem? Is it saved in any erpnext configuration related to the mail server?

I have solved it. Sorry for the inconvenience. The problem was the change in the IP address. Now it works.

Seems ERPNext Mail configuration don’t like you change the local ip address.

Thanks for the help KanchanChauhan

Rubén

@rtimagine Did you by any chance added mail server as your ip address in site_config.json file.

1 Like