Some Text are not found in the master language files

I’m evaluating ERPNext , and the first thing I’ve checked was the invoice printing and how far we can customize it to to comply with our local tax regulations, then I found an issue , which I assumed was caused by lack of entry in the master file “ar.csv”

There are two columns wrongly translated , and the master file has no reference to those columns.

(See image )

1. ‘Sr’ column title ( Serial Number) - which was translated to Arabic equivalent to ‘Saudi Riyal’ instead of ‘Serial number’

2. ‘Amount’ column title (line amount) - which is translated to Arabic equivalent to ‘Quantity’ instead of ‘Amount’

I’m using the VM version and manually corrected few translations for the testing purposes.

I’ve inspected the ar.csv file , I failed to find any reference.
Please advise if I missed anything.

PS:I’m new to ERPNext… what a wonderful application… Thanks :handshake:

Ok,

I found the solution…
the master file should include the two lines below

DocType: Web Form,Amount,$$$$$$$$$
apps/frappe/frappe/templates/print_formats/standard_macros.html +39,Sr,$$$$$$

where $$$$$$$ is the correct translation

Hi @aasaady,

thanks for your post. In the meantime, have you looked at the “Custom translation” feature? This will allow you to override translations to your liking without the need to change a file. Improvements to the language files are always appreciated, there is a portal for that: https://translate.erpnext.com/

Enjoy ERPNext :wink:

1 Like

@aasaady as @lasalesi said you can contribute to the translation via the portal. Any local changes made to the csv will be wiped out when an update arrives.

Alternatively, a custom translation would work as well.

The point is clear, thank you.
I wanted to participate on the translation, but I can’t sign up due to unknown issue with the sign up form Login

There is an issue on the translation login. Its niether sending confirmation email for new sign up nor accepting existing service provider login credentials.

@muzzy Exactly

Same as this one?

Can you verify if this has been fixed by going to the portal?

@kennethsequeira

No fix yet as of today morning-afternoon CET.
:slightly_frowning_face:

@kennethsequeira yes, I can logon now.

BUT, I’m not able to take action due to the following:

1. The verify buttons does not work, am I supposed to click them in order to correct a translation?

2. I failed to find the wrong translation that caused the printing issue. i.e. mainly the one I’ve fixed earlier by adding the below line to the master translation

DocType: Web Form,Amount,$$$$$$$$$

@aasaady

1. The verify button is to verify the translated string.
    Be careful, if one is verified then you can only change the translated field if you have more than 100 karma.

@krnkris I’m not sure how this Karma points are collected.
Apparently, the process for maintaining good translation is quite long for ERPnext.

@aasaady

Yes, the team has lots of work to prepare the version 11.
Our patience is now worth the most.

After

will be back again then you can translate and anyone else verify
your translation. Each verify count one karma.

I found there are further missing texts (beyond the mentioned case above) and the same applies to them, i.e. we should copy other lines from frappe framework translation file to ERPnext master translation file.

The idea of using a “master translation file” contradicts with the current status quo, I strongly recommend only sticking to one file (the apps master) instead of two sources ( Framework translation + App Translation).