I'm thinking if need to achieve what I've said, it needs to be planned.
the version number need to used extensively.
1. Daily hotfix release, say currently version number is v4.2, then it need to add extra incremental number, say v4.2.146, each hotfix can be described fixed in which version number
2. Enhancement(minor and major), if minor enhancement won't change resource file(say, language file), then it can be treat as daily hotfix; Major enhancement, it needs to add 2nd incremental number, the version need to be v4.3.0, most important is major enhancement need to planned first other than release it(please don't release it into frappe clould, it will lead user confuse, as it need extra explaination), in addition to that
3. Need to tag stable version, say, v4.2.186 now reaches stable, it need to tagged. I think ERPNext team need to maintain 1 stable version(previous version) and another released version, take an example, v4.2 and v4.3 are 2 stable version, if i'm using v4.1, then official shall provide script to upgrade from v4.1 to v4.3(end user can decide), after upgrade, the IT only need to do is kind of "bench update hotfix" which only bring V4.3's hotfixes into user's site
4. The bench command need to smart enough to update reponsitory if do upgrade(say original is v4.2 tag, now it is v4.3 tag)
Take some real case:
1. V4.2 is stable, it need to be put into tag branch, all hot fixes are againt, say i was in v 4.1, the bench command can easy allow me bench upgrade to v4.2 or only get hotfix for v4.1
If i think v4.1 is good enough, then i will only push hotfix.
if official suggest upgrade to v4.2 then i will setup local test machine first(test new feature and translation if any)
Will this bring benefits?
I think for project management, it is scope management, it will lead team more focus and community more predictable of what will happen next.
Please take a look see if it is reasonable.
在 2014年9月9日星期二UTC+8上午11时50分37秒，Y Y写道：
This is yang, some of team member may know me, I'm doing translation in community. I've feel unable to achieve the task due to,
say, if one korea company wants to use localized software. then kr.csv was translated. however ,now
1. Bench update will update code in development branch(not sure if it is good way), which brings new code(new translations need to be done)
2. The new translations need to be done, otherwise, end user feels strange about english words.
In existing way, i feel like if it is only fit for english based country...