Stock Balance report not changing even after editing

Hi,

After update I lost the Warehouse Wise Stock Balance Report.
Now I am trying to use Stock Balance Report but there are certain columns I don’t need.
So I have tried editing the stock_balance.py file. I have removed the unwanted columns from the code. However, the columns still appear even after I clear cache and refresh. Where else do I need to make changes??

Regards
Satish

What changes have you made?

Hi Rushabh,

Sorry to inform that my Hard drive crashed and now nothing is working. So will come back when I am up and running again.

Regards

Bad luck. Hope you had the backups!

Ok. Now it is running again.

I have renamed the stock_balance.py file to stock_balance_old.old file but I can still see the report as it is in the erpnext even after clearing cache. Earlier I tried removing unneeded columns from the .py file but there was no effect on the report.

So how do I actually make changes to the report??

Maybe you are looking at the wrong report file? Or wrong repository?

I am looking inside frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/stock/report/stock_balance folder

Is it the correct location where I am looking??

Can you share your updated stock_balance.py file? And to ensure you are editing correct file, use print statement, they will be printed in the serve terminal window.

Hi Nabin

I really don’t know how to edit the .py file but I will make something workable with trial and error.
But the thing is if I just remove the .py file from the folder shouldn’t it stop working?? I have tried renaming the .py file to something else but it is still working. At first stage I am just trying to identify if I am tinkering with the correct file.

Regards
Satish Gupta

Python will drop a .pyc file. Your system will stop working if you delete the .pyc file.