Stock Ledger with document numbers

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a report by which I can see all the transactions done to a specific items, like if I have done purchase receipt then it should show me any GRN number and PO number against that item. Also if there is an issue and receipt done to Shop Floor then it should also show me that when and on which document the material was issued to Shop Floor. This will really help me to cross-check the stock of an item.

Also please let me know is there any other document that production guy will raise and on the basis of that document store can issue the material. If store has issued the partial material then the same document number can again be used as a reference to issue material from store to production.

Hello Ruchin,

If you need to track movement of specific unit of an item, you should maintain serailized inventory of that item.

For the complete history of items movement, you can should check Stock Ledger report for that Item and Serial No.

Stock >> Main Report >> Stock Ledger report

You can filter report based on Serial No. using filter available above the Serial No. columns itself.

For the request of transfer of material for production, Production Order id should be used as centralized transaction and reference point.

Hi Umair,
I think you didn’t undrstand what I am looking for.
Item ABC Opening 10
Date Rec Issue Balance Document Supplier
1/4/2014 10 20 GRN0001 Vendor1
1/4/2014 2 22 GRN0001 Vendor2
4/5/2014 4 18 STE0001 Warehouse1
6/4/2014 5 23 STE0002 Warehouse2
10/4/2014 6 29 STE0003 Warehouse3

See the above table, I think you can understand my requirement.
We can run the above report between any given dates

If you check “Qty”, “Balance Qty”, “Voucher Type”, “Voucher No” column in Stock Ledger report, you will get exactly same data in a different way. Instead of separate columns for “Rec” and “Issue”, positive and negative sign is used in the report.

Great, got it, thanks a lot sir.

See the below process:
Subcontracting is a type of job contract that seeks to outsource certain types of work to other companies. It allows work on more than one phase of the project to be done at once, often leading to a quicker completion. Subcontracting is practiced by various industries. For example, manufacturers making a number of products from complex components subcontract certain components and package them at their facilities.

If your business involves outsourcing certain processes to a third party Supplier, where you buy the raw material from, you can track this by using the sub-contracting feature of ERPNext.

Setup Sub-Contracting:

Create separate Items for the unprocessed and the processed product. For example if you supply unpainted X to your Supplier and the Supplier returns you X, you can create two Items: “X-unpainted” and “X”.
Create a Warehouse for your Supplier so that you can keep track of Items supplied. (you may supply a months worth of Items in one go).
For the processed Item, in the Item master, set “Is Sub Contracted Item” to “Yes”.
Subcontract

Step 1: Make a Bill of Materials for the processed Item, with the unprocessed Items as sub-items. For example, If you are manufacturing a pen, the processed pen will be named under Bill of Materials(BOM), whereas, the refill, knob, and other items which go into the making of pen, will be categorized as sub-items.

Step 2: Make a Purchase Order for the processed Item. When you “Save”, in the “Raw Materials Supplied”, all your un-processed Items will be updated based on your Bill of Materials.

Step 3: Make a Stock Entry to deliver the raw material Items to your Supplier.

Step 4: Receive the Items from your Supplier via Purchase Receipt. Make sure to check the “Consumed Quantity” in the “Raw Materials” table so that the correct stock is maintained at the Supplier’s end.

Note 1: Make sure that the “Rate” of processed Item is the processing rate (excluding the raw material rate).

Note 2: ERPNext will automatically add the raw material rate for your valuation purpose when you receive the finished Item in your stock.

In the above process, I have problem with step 3, that:

1. On which document I will send the material to suppluer.
  2. Also, which report will tell me that how much qty of which raw material is lying with vendor.
  3. I will use Stock Entry form and in the purpose I will select Issue but, to which warehouse I will issue the material.