Stock not update even after purchase receipt and payment is done

I am trying to update purchased items into my stock in selected warehouse even if pay against that purchase receipt.

the procedure I followed is I had created 1 sales order and to complete that order I have to purchase some items, I had requested some quotations from my suppliers, then I generated purchase order against that, I made purchase receipt , then payment.

but still stock is not updated into selected warehouse. Please help if i am wrong somewhere, urgent reply requested

1 Like

Hi @shaveta_puri! May I know where are you checking if your stocks were updated? Mine is working fine. Once I submitted my Purchase Receipt, stocks are automatically added in my warehouse. You can check it in Stock Ledger or Warehouse Windows. Hope this helps!

thanks for the reply @creamdory, yes I checked in stock ledger also in warehouses but its not updated

Also I got "Stock cannot be updated against Purchase Receipt " this message when I try to create purchase invoice against purchase receipt.

Hi @shaveta_puri! Did you happen to do something with your warehouse like change it from group to non-group? I happen to find this thread about the same error.

Hi

I tried what you this link suggested but I am facing an issue please see an attached screen shot

All warehouse is grouped and parent of all other warhouses available.

If I choose another warehouse that is not grouped this it shows this message " Warehouses with existing transaction can not be converted to group."

Hi @shaveta_puri. ou might have a different case. Anway, did you happen to check if in your item setting you have checked ā€œMaintain Stockā€? If you have unchecked that, it means your item is not a ā€œstockā€ item. Thus, no stock will be updated in warehouse when received. You can check it in Item Doctype. It is a checkbox labeled ā€œMaintain Stockā€.

Hi @creamdory thanks, this solve my problem thanks, I need some more help please can you guide me regarding production planning tool, how can I start with it, hen and how to create production order

@shaveta_puri You should check the manual first, and see if you can figure it out.

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/manufacturing/tools/production-planning-tool

Hi @shaveta_puri. you can check the manual above and if you get stuck along the way, feel free to browse on previous threads here. And if still you havenā€™t found the same use case, you can ask the community. Good luck and thanks!