Stock Reconciliation Accounts

I have two inventory accounts (Raw Materials & Finished Goods).

I’d like to post opening stock using Stock Reconciliation transaction. How can I do such that the first stock recon debits the Raw Materials account and the Second debits the Finished Goods account.

In the default accounts in the company page, I can only have one stock control account.

Hope I’m making sense.

You have the opportunity to pick the difference account at the transaction. Check at the bottom, after the Item Table.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

I assumed that is for the Temporary account ?

Yes, usually you plug in the Temporary Opening there. But actually you can use that for anything. Like you can use Cost of Goods Sold there. Or the accounts you were referring to

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Thank you Jay. I now get the following error:

Stock Value (0.0) and Account Balance (-483198.24) are out of sync for account 7700/000 - Inventory Control Account-Finished Goods - XX and it’s linked warehouses.

Please create adjustment Journal Entry for amount 483198.24

I am not sure where the error is. Any way you can paste the screen shot of your stock reconciliation entry that led to this error?

Thanks

Jay

See below:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t tell me much. You have to check if the account is a Stock Account.

I’m guessing you have perpetual inventory turned on. Did you turn on perpetual inventory recently, or has it always been on?

There seems to be some issue with the account. You can check the general ledger for that account and see what are the entries there. That might give you some clue as to where the problem is.

Looks a little complicated. Your best bet is to let an expert take a peek at your server.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay