Stock reconcillation issue

Hi Everyone,

One of team member set check box of negative stock in stock setting. After this a number of items goes to negative in stock balance. I unchecked the negative stock option, Now when I am trying to stock reconcile using stock reconcile tool. I download the template and entry the itemname, warehouse, quantity and valuation rate.
I am facing very strange issue, it did not allow for negative stock items then I enable negative stock, and It able to submit it. But when I check stock balance it did not show the same quantity for number of items, which I entered in stock reconcile.
Could you help me, what is the best practice to stock reconcile. or how can I resolve this issue.
My default valuation setting is FIFO.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Bondwal

Hello,

More details on this case will be helpful.

1. What was the stock of (one of the) Item before Stock Reco.?
  2. What was the error message in Stock Reco. for the first time?
  3. What was the stock level of an item post Stock Reco.?

Hi Umair,

thanks for these points, I will revert you soon with data.

Regards
Amit Bondwal

Hi Umair,

As per your instruction, I checked and I am facing very strange issue than some items which were in positive value in stock did not change after stock reconcile and they did not gave any error.

For eg. I have a item whose stock value was 1 and in reconciled I made it to 0 and it is still showing the same
stock value to 1.

This is the case for no. of items. In which stock did not changed.

Regards

Amit Bondwal

Amit,

Works just fine in my test account. Reference:

Perhaps it should not work, because if item has positive stock level, then it should have positive valuation as well.

In your case, what was the stock level of an item for which you are trying to set valuation as zero?

Hi Umair,

Thanks for your reply. If I check the stock value for item in stock ledger, it show correct value as reconciled but if I check the stock value in stock balance report, It is showing different value. Why there is difference in stock ledger and stock balance report?

I am checking stock balance in stock balance report, may be I am doing something wrong, or my understanding is not clear. Need your help to clear my logic.

Regards

Amit Bondwal

Hi Umair,

In stock ledger report some items shows double entry for a stock reconcile item for the same SR no…
It would be great, if you could help me with a document link with which, I can clear my logic of stock balance.

Regards

Amit Bondwal

Hi team, thanks for you support, my issue is resolved now. The issue was , I was trying to reconcile the serial items, which is not supported in stock reconcile option. I solve it with help of stock entry option which is mention in erpnext documention. You can close this issue.