I’ve been following the guide trying to get a local deployment of ERPNext to use the local Windows Server’s Active Directory to login but it doesn’t seem to recognise any user/password combinations that work.
I have gotten Active Directory setup with another Linux based app (Snipe-IT) but not having much luck with ERPNext.
So…a few questions, step by step as the page settings go :
- Does the ldap address need a port or is just the IP address sufficient? (Snipe-IT works with just the server IP).
- Is the Base Distinguished Name just the username in form firstname.lastname@example.org of an account setup specifically for LDAP, or is it in another form?
- I’m using the entry OU=MC Users,OU=MC Group,DC=local-domain,DC=local for search path for both Users and Groups, as shortening either to just Users or Group is not liked by ERPNext and it refuses to save.
- I’m using the following Search String, that works well in Snipe-IT, to show only active accounts. Will it cause an issue with ERPNext’s LDAP settings?
- The other fields for email, name etc. seem quite straight forward.
For logging in to the system, do you need to provide an email address that matches the domain, i.e. email@example.com, or can you instruct ERPNext to check only the user.name instead?
Any help would be great!