Struggling With Freight Charges

I apologize if this is painfully obvious and I’m missing something, but I’m really struggling to figure out how to enter in the actual freight charges on an invoice. I see the place to select the Shipping Rule and I’ve done that. Previously I had setup “UPS Ground” as my rule and set it as fixed (see figure 1). But when I’m creating the invoice, I select UPS Ground, and then try to enter the actual freight charges, but the system is ignoring what I enter (figure 2). It seems to me “Fixed” means whatever I set for the price in the Shipping Rule is what is used.

However we always enter in the actual freight for each shipment. So it can’t be calculated via weight nor total cost and it’s never going to be the same from one order to another.

Any guidance on how to accomplish would be appreciated.

(figure 1)

(figure 2)

Instead of giving a shipping rule, have you tried adding a new row to the sales taxes and charges table and just entering the actual shipping charges manually?

And I believe most changes happen on save, so try saving the document if the shipping charges is not reflected in the total.

I had not but that does work. Lot of steps for a basic user though but I suppose I could customize the form somehow to have that entry automatically added, correct?

The initial way I was doing it the save button was resetting the freight amount back to 0 (amount I had in the Shipping Rule). So it looked like the totals weren’t getting updated, but you are right, do need to click Save to get those to update.