Student fees and accounting

hiiiii
Please how can I connect student fees with account?
Thanks in advance

Currently I do not think there is an automatic link between student fees and accounting @neilLasrado , as a work around maybe you can upload journal entries using the journal entry doc type from the data import tool.

Thank Pawan for your support

@dufani1 if you could share some details about the accounting practices in schools it would be great for us to understand and maybe add the feature in near future.

Dear Neil,
We have a training center in our company and we are planing to use and modify School app in ERPNEXT to be used in our training center, but I found out that the school module not integrated with other modules like accounting and HR.
I think education module should be integrated with other modules.
I am available to provide any further design aspects.

We have a few ideas we’re putting together around this. Will share shortly.
cc @bomsy

Regards,
cksgb

1 Like

Hi All,

Additional changes we are making on our fork are:

• Support for multiple schools

• Linking of School to company

• Inclusion of the following fields into Fee Category:

---- Fee Income (P&L) link field to Account
    ---- Deferred Fees (BS) link field to Account

• Inclusion of a field on Fee Category that indicates whether the Fee is earned at the point when the Fee is generated (e.g. an Enrollment Fee) or at the point when the service is provided (e.g. Tuition Fees -where the earning has to be spread equally across months in the term)

• Posting of Fees for the Term as:

---- Journal Entry (DR Customer, CR Deferred Fee)
    ---- Recurrent Journal recognizing the Fee Income in the month it’s earned (DR Deferred Fee, CR Fee)

Or, for Fees which are earned immediately:

---- Single Journal Entry (DR Customer, CR Fee)

• Inclusion of a Customer field on Student. This customer will be the person paying the Student’s fees (Not necessarily the Guardian. The Student could be on a scholarship for example.). when a Fee is submitted, this Customer on the Student master is the one selected as the Account Receivable on the Journal Entry doctype that will be posted and linked back to the Fee.

• Revision of the Bank Statement doctype. We need it so that fee payments can be reconciled easily with the customer open items. Today the Bank Reconciliation Tool only checks already posted payments so as to modify their value dates with what comes from the Bank Statement. We think it should be extended so that it Posts entries and tries to match them. Users can then choose between two modes of operation:

Mode 1: User reads bank statement file and does manual Payment Entry (e.g. DR Bank, CR Customer)

Mode 2: Modified Bank Reconciliation does the following (pseudo-code) after upload of the bank statement:

Read lines in bank statement
For each line:
    If (line is an inflow) and (line.reference):
        post incoming_journal using details in line (DR Bank, CR Bank_Incoming)
        search invoice in system where  line.reference = sales_invoice.name
        if invoice:
            post payment (DR Bank_Incoming, CR Customer)
            clear payment with invoice
        else:
            add incoming_journal to items for manual post processing

The two modes are exclusive. Mode 2 can be used to process large numbers of payments coming in through bank statement.

Regards,
cksgb

2 Likes

ERPNext is an amazing platform, I hope you guys to add paid partial date and history records for collecting fee…
Looking forward to see Erpnext school getting bigger :slight_smile:

@Chude_Osiegbu Great addition.How far with the development of the addition to the school management

@Chude_Osiegbu has your fork worked already ? is it separate app? can you share more details?[quote=“Chude_Osiegbu, post:7, topic:15448”]
Additional changes we are making on our fork are:

Support for multiple schools
Linking of School to company
Inclusion of the following fields into Fee Category:

---- Fee Income (P&L) link field to Account ---- Deferred Fees (BS) link field to Account
[/quote]