Successfully Install ERPNext V13-Beta7 on Debian 10 using Easy Install script

Today I installed successfully the version-13.beta-7 on Debian 10.

The usual:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade --yes

Added frappe user and give it access to sudo
(For security - always create a user other than “frappe” for security!)

sudo adduser your-username
sudo usermod -aG sudo your-username

export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

Get the install script install.py

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py

Edit the install.py to enforce V13-beta branch to make the version 13 beta the default branch for installation.

Edit line 432 (line no. may differ make sure the text is the same as below):

parser.add_argument('--frappe-branch', dest='frappe_branch', action='store', help='Clone a particular branch of frappe')

To:
parser.add_argument('--frappe-branch', dest='frappe_branch', action='store', default='version-13-beta', help='Clone a particular branch of frappe')

Edit line 434:

parser.add_argument('--erpnext-branch', dest='erpnext_branch', action='store', help='Clone a particular branch of erpnext')

To:
parser.add_argument('--erpnext-branch', dest='erpnext_branch', action='store', default='version-13-beta', help='Clone a particular branch of erpnext')

Make sure you save the file!

Run the Easy Install script.
If you are running it after a failed installation, better to use --overwrite option.
Also, make sure to use --verbose option to make sure you get enough debug info in case of failures.

So, the command will look something like this:
python3 install.py --verbose --production --user your-username

That’s it. Just visit the new site!

3 Likes

done but i got this blank page how to solve it? thanks

Editing the install script isn’t necessary. Just using $ python3 install.py --production --frappe-branch version-13-beta --erpnext-branch version-13-beta will achieve the same result without running the risk of modifying the install script wrongly.

1 Like

True. I was just not sure how the script will handle the input for non-standard branch version.

Good point. So, the updated instructions are:

The usual:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade --yes

Added frappe user and give it access to sudo
(For security - always create a user other than “frappe” for security!)

sudo adduser your-username
sudo usermod -aG sudo your-username

export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

Get the install script install.py

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py

Run the Easy Install script.
If you are running it after a failed installation, better to use --overwrite option.
Also, make sure to use --verbose option to make sure you get enough debug info in case of failures.

So, the command will look something like this:
python3 install.py --verbose --production --frappe-branch version-13-beta --erpnext-branch version-13-beta --user your-username

It is even standard Easy Install now!

1 Like

@adals Just try a normal browser cache/history delete. It worked for me.

Under “Settings” in the top bar menu, click “Reload”.

Let us know how it goes.

it’s hillarious: I am getting again the same good old friend

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=<username>']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

again. It feels this accompanies me since about 2 years where I am sporadically trying to install erpnext with the easy install script. The variation seems to be the exit status being 1 or 2.

@vrms Try again following these steps:

1. sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade --yes

2. sudo adduser your-username

3. sudo usermod -aG sudo your-username

4. export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8

5. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py

6. python3 install.py --verbose --production --user your-username --frappe-branch version-13-beta --erpnext-branch version-13-beta

Difference here is that user comes before branch. User is supposed to be specified before bench is installed but in the example given above user is specified last and that’s not how the script flows. I’ve done this a bunch of times and it’s successful every time.

Also note that steps 2 and 3 are optional if you want to use the default user.

6 Likes

I’ve sucessfully install v13 using this method, any idea how to apply HTTPS (Let’s Encrypt)? I’m using DigitalOcean.

I guess these may be good places to start exploring

https://frappeframework.com/docs/user/en/bench/guides/lets-encrypt-ssl-setup

I couldn’t create it using bench.

This is as cert-auto is no longer supported and Lets-Encrypt team are only producing a snap version from now on!!

Yet, the failed bench command appropriately applied the configurations in nginx.conf

Then I used lets-encrypt commands to place the certificates in the right location. (because I used the same domain in both cases)

I may post more details here…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.