Support for Apple Business Chat

I’d really love to begin a project on implementing the Apple Business Chat and maybe even WhatsApp Business Chat through ERPnext, so we can communicate to our customers via iMessage / WhatsApp and keep it linked to the ERPnext CRM

Great! It’s a complicated project. Rather than starting from scratch, have you considered building integrations with something like chatwoot?

I considered that however I don’t like the idea of mixing a SaaS with Open-Source… it’s worth the extra effort to make it work independently and free. But I do like the idea of creating a separate software with an API that plugs into ERPnext rather than building it all around Frappe

Chatwoot is open source under the MIT license: GitHub - chatwoot/chatwoot: Open-source customer engagement suite, an alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud etc. 🔥💬

Building something new will be a huge endeavor. There’s also a fair bit of maintenance to consider, as Facebook/Apple/etc seem to change their APIs every year or two. If you’ve got the resources to make it happen, though, there are lots of interesting integrations with ERPNext that could be considered.