Switch from develop to stable on v13 docker version

Hello,

Is it possible to switch from edge to stable on ERPNext v13 installed on docker?

Or is it the only way to do another install and migrate the data afterwards?

I ask because I was trying to do it and at the end I was not able and reinstalled and recovered the data

Thanks and kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Hi,

Well, replying to my own doubts of switching from develop to stable, it is possible:

1.- As indicated on the lower part of this page:

https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/main/docs/single-bench.md

2.- With nano .env you change erpnext and frappe versions from edge to version-13

3.- You do docker-compose pull

4.- And then docker-compose --project-name <project-name> up -d

5.- You have to do a migration afterwards

6.- For this you go to the bash of python container: docker exec -it yourproject_erpnext-python_1 bash

7.- And on that container you perform the migration: bench --site yoursitename migrate

8.- Then probably you will find problem with a duplicate key as I did:

pymysql.err.IntegrityError: (1062, "Duplicate entry 'Item' for key 'reference_doctype'")

9.- I opted for deleting the complete row of the table, and in that way I was able to finish the migration and move to version 13 stable

I hope this is of any help.

Kind regards,

Alb

The problem with this is that I always end up loosing the links to the left on the sidebar of the Home page, and I don’t have a clue of how to recover them.

:fearful:

So this is what I am seeing:

edge/develop to stable migration is not possible.

just by switching environment variables only stable images will be downloaded. it cannot run the migrations reverse

I’m assuming, you’ve already running edge site and you want to migrate the site’s schema to older stable release.

if there is no site in the first place, then just changing the image tags will work. because fresh site will be created on stable release

Hi @revant_one,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have an already running edge site and I want to migrate the site’s schema to older stable release.

I was stupid and blind following instructions for production stable and didn’t change edge version that was on the .env sample file, and I didn’t realized that we were on development until we had been several days inserting new data onto ERPNext.

Is it possible to install new stable version and recover the data from a development version, or it is the same? I imagine it is the same, as I did the 2 options (install new and recover data and migrate) and I arrived at the same result.

Thanks and kind regards,

Alb

Hi @pagliaso @revant_one I have taken the backup of my database of development ERPnext setup, how I can migrate that data to the new docker erpnext setup.

Regards,
Pavan Patil