System date format will not stay set to desired default

The date format in our system settings is MM/DD/YYYY, but when we enter a date in the system it keeps reverting to DD/MM/YYYY. How can we fix this?

Hi welcome to ERPNext

Please post snapshots of where you set the default and your ‘error’ case that refuses to work.

That will help troubleshoot and illustrate your context thanks!

The format keeps switching back and forth for me. One of the other users continuously has the wrong format shown, and the dates are showing in the correct format for the third users.

At 10:30 am mine started showing up right. Now at 11:00 am they have switched back to the incorrect format despite no change in the settings.

If you need more info please let me know. Thank you!

10:30 am

11:00 am

No change to settings between the two instances

That’s good info - more questions:

What erpenxt and frappe version and is your environment self-hosted?

To change System Settings, do you login as Administrator?

"
The format keeps switching back and forth for me. One of the other users continuously has the wrong format shown, and the dates are showing in the correct format for the third users.
"
Possibly this points to a client desktop and/or web browser based issue - but that is just a guess as I am not clear on rules conventions and precedence here

This is the information:

Installed Apps
ERPNext: v11.0.3-beta.31 () (staging)

Frappe Framework: v11.0.3-beta.40 () (staging)

Journeys: v0.0.1 (master)

We use the cloud version and I am changing the settings as an administrator. I have previously tried ERPnext and did not have this problem so I wasn’t sure if it was something that was happening with this version or what.

No matter what you set the date format setting to it will initially change to what you set it to, but then revert back to mm-dd-yyyy. The third user whose dates were showing correctly is now having hers switch back and forth as well.

This seems to have arisen with v11 so two suggestions -

1. inform support@erpnext.com since you are on erpnext.com and v11 is under test

2. no record of your issue here Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub, so post there with a link to this discussion here

Thank you for your help!