Tally and ERPnext

Exploring the option of cutting over to ERP in phased manner - Purchase and Store first and Accounts in phase 2. Is there a way to link ERPnext with Tally accounting to avoid double entry of data?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

1 Like
Some users export journal entries and use the data import tool to import them into ERPNext!

On Friday, January 17, 2014 11:16:21 PM UTC+5:30, BSS wrote:
Exploring the option of cutting over to ERP in phased manner - Purchase and Store first and Accounts in phase 2. Is there a way to link ERPnext with Tally accounting to avoid double entry of data?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Thanks Rushabh, is the other way also possible? That is, can financial transactions for materials received or sold in ERPNext be easily exported from ERPNext and then imported into Tally so that the pay financial system (which currently is Tally) is up to date?

On Monday, January 20, 2014 12:21:11 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Some users export journal entries and use the data import tool to import them into ERPNext!

Hi Shane,

Exporting data is possible in ERPNext, but I don't know how to import it into tally.

Some of our users started with other modules and then migrated into accounting. You can skip accounting in ERPNext for a while and start when you feel comfortable. i.e. disable accounting transactions related to material transfers and do periodic stock accounting in Tally.

-Anand.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM, BSS <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Rushabh, is the other way also possible? That is, can financial transactions for materials received or sold in ERPNext be easily exported from ERPNext and then imported into Tally so that the pay financial system (which currently is Tally) is up to date?

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Hi,

I am using ERPNEXT more or less on Anand's lines.

I transport the "voucher only" format from a csv file generated from sales and purchase register.
All i transport is the end result out of erpnext viz Sales Invoice list with complete break up of output vat, tot amt, etc and also the Purchase Invoice List with complete break up of input vat, round off amount, total amount, there by leveraging Tally's capability of VAT Computation, Standard Account Practices, Outstanding Followup, Cash/bank recounciliation, etc. until I get a grip and understanding about how to implement these in our ERPNEXT itself.

We have created a tool in VB / MS Access App that does the task. This App is commercially available from my friend. And She can also help you set up using team-viewer etc.

Regards,
Mahesh

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@erpnext.com> wrote:
Hi Shane,

Exporting data is possible in ERPNext, but I don't know how to import it into tally.

Some of our users started with other modules and then migrated into accounting. You can skip accounting in ERPNext for a while and start when you feel comfortable. i.e. disable accounting transactions related to material transfers and do periodic stock accounting in Tally.

-Anand.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM, BSS <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Mahesh - please share this app. This can be useful for a lot of people!

On Friday, January 24, 2014 10:58:58 AM UTC+5:30, Mahesh wrote:
Hi,

I transport the "voucher only" format from a csv file generated from sales and purchase register.
All i transport is the end result out of erpnext viz Sales Invoice list with complete break up of output vat, tot amt, etc and also the Purchase Invoice List with complete break up of input vat, round off amount, total amount, there by leveraging Tally's capability of VAT Computation, Standard Account Practices, Outstanding Followup, Cash/bank recounciliation, etc. until I get a grip and understanding about how to implement these in our ERPNEXT itself.

We have created a tool in VB / MS Access App that does the task. This App is commercially available from my friend. And She can also help you set up using team-viewer etc.

Regards,
Mahesh

3 Likes
Anand, Mahesh and Rushabh,
Thanks for those inputs. Will give it a shot.

Rgds

On Friday, January 24, 2014 3:31:18 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Mahesh - please share this app. This can be useful for a lot of people!

On Friday, January 24, 2014 10:58:58 AM UTC+5:30, Mahesh wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi Mahesh / ERPNext team,

I have seen your post regarding the VB MS tool created by Mahesh and have ben waiting for inputs on this topic. I am in need of a similar functionality for my company as we need to manually input the below count of transactions on a monthly basis
Sales invoice 219
Purchase invoice 100
Journal Enteries (Including payment and receipt entry) 480

The input between systems is a very time consuming and error prone process for us. I am sure there are a lot of a companies in India (like us) which use ERPNext (:heart_eyes:) and Tally simultaneously (need to use it in order to maintain historical accounting records :tired_face:)) which face this same issue.

I would be glad if either:
(1) Mahesh could share the work done on this front (VB MS tool) or
(2) if ERPNext can build something similar to support easier data export as per the Tally formats.

I will glad be to partialy support the development of this functionality with contribution from others or alternatively enhance the existing tool functionality.

This feature will surely help market ERPNEXT and bring in more Tally customers onboard given that data export to Tally will be easily possible. In due course Customers like us will be on just 1 system and you know which one that will be :wink:

Would like to hear from you.
Thanks

@adityaiyer the best strategy is to dump Tally and move accounts to ERPNext!

1 Like

We are already on erp for accounting and everything else, but we need to
continue to maintain the accounts in tally as well for next few years (like
all Indian companies) given a company is required to maintain its books of
account and vouchers for a period of 8 years immediately preceding the
current year.

Putting historical transactions will not be possible into ERP.

You can still keep your Tally data as it is after closing. You don’t need to keep syncing it (?)

ERPNext doesn’t have many of the statutory reports that Tally has, in the formats that the central government and individual states require. Bank reconciliation is also rudimentary, compared to Tally and Tally.NET.

Overall, there would need to be atop to bottom review of Indian localization needs before many Indian SMEs can dump Tally completely.

Tally will have GST support by April 1. Will ERPNext?..maybe.

Now, this is not to say that this is Frappe Technologies’s responsibility in any way. I strongly believe that localization and integrations need to be taken care of by local implementers, with qualified CA’s (or country equivilant) giving input.

If a company is happy with the present reports, or can manually make the required formats with the present structure and reports, the above statement is absolutely correct, but lets not be so quick to discount the value and position of Tally.

1 Like

@felix I agree. Though we know many many Indian companies use ERPNext over Tally.

Sometimes these are just change management issues!

1 Like