Translation - Attributes, Descriptions, Web Item Name, Etc

Hello,

I’ve been looking everywhere for a solution to translate untranslatable text or variables, either because they’re not labels or strings, or because the {{ _(‘’) }} was forgotten.

So is there any way to translate, even if superficially, for example via Client Script, the following: Attributes, Descriptions, Web Item Name, Etc.

1 Like

You can translate it in Translation doctype if a custom name or a new label!

1 Like

I’ve been using that for most things, but it doesn’t work for Web Item Descriptions, Web Item Names, Attributes, etc. Even if set them to “Translatable” via Customize. I can’t also translate the navbar items.

Does this has anything to do with the gettext translation in one of the newest frappe updates?

1 Like

We will raise the PR for that.

2 Likes

PR merged, the upcoming update will resolve your issue.

Amazing, very good work.
The Navbar is now translatable, and so is the Website Item Name and Website Description.

Very big step, yet some things are still not being translated, such as:

• Website Footer.
  • Webshop /all-products (The Items are not translated on the list of this page).
  • Attributes when choosing the variants on the Webshop.

If this was also fixed and be able to translate, it would be already excellent.

But now I’m going into a more difficult problem, which is, the translation of the descriptions of thousands for products ( from variants ).

For this situation I think only a automatic translator is viable. As people won’t be able to translate more than 20000 variants of a product in 2 languages, much less on 8 or 10 languages.

There is an amazing opensource translator for Wordpress called Transposh, which would be amazing to have it ported to Frappe to solve this last issue I mentioned.

Transposh makes the translations indexable and uses API’s for automatic translation and a lot of languages, and also allows for manual adjustments when needed.

Let me know what you think.