First of all congrats on version 10, looking good so far.
Unfortunately there is a feature that I have somehow managed to avoid so far, but as at today it is now a brick wall.
This has to do with treatment of returns by customers at Point of Sale.
Customer returns an item previously purchased, at this point he should have three options
- Pick an item of higher value and pay the difference
- Pick an item of lower value and keep the difference in his store account (like a credit note)
- Pick an item of lower value and receive the difference in cash (rarely done)
- Not pick anything in return and keep the full value in his store account (like a credit note)
- Not pick anything in return and receive the full value in cash (rarely done)
If the customer received credit in return as stated in 2 and 4 above, the customer expects to be able to use this credit for future purchases.
Is their someone with a procedure to handle the above 5 scenarios? Would appreciate any feedback on how this can be done.