[Tutorial] Add Custom Button | Add Color button | Add Icon Button

Summary:

Learn how to customize buttons and icon buttons with different colors. Enhance the user interface of your ERPNext application by adding visually appealing buttons. Explore step-by-step instructions and code examples to create a more engaging and intuitive user experience.

Color Picker

Reference Documentation:

Model-1

In this Model-1 we are going to see how to change the color and customize the ERPNext Custom button like this

You can add your custom color there is no restriction. get the color code from the Color Picker and past inside the code you will change different colors and make a different custom button

syntax

frm.add_custom_button(__("Button Name Here"), function() {
			alert('Do some Action Here')
		 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#14141f", "font-weight": "800"});

code
Above buttons all the code here

refresh: function(frm) {
		frm.trigger('create_icon')
	},
create_icon: function(frm){
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("Primary"), function() {
		alert('custom button')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#0033cc", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("secondary"), function() {
		alert('custom button')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#52527a", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("success"), function() {
		alert('custom button')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#e63900", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("Danger"), function() {
		alert('custom danger')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#3399ff", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("info"), function() {
		alert('custom danger')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#ffb3ff", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("light"), function() {
		alert('custom danger')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#c2c2d6", "font-weight": "800"});
	 frm.add_custom_button(__("dark"), function() {
		alert('custom danger')
	 }).css({"color":"white", "background-color": "#14141f", "font-weight": "800"});
}

Model-2

In this Model-2, I’m going to explain how to add the Custom Workflow Action Button and with Icon like this

Syntax

frm.page.add_action_item(__('Lable of Action'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Do some Action");
});

Code
Note: For better UI reflection use this code in the refresh event in your js file

frm.page.add_action_item(__('Approve by AR Lead <i class="fa fa-eject"></i>'), function() {
			frappe.msgprint("Approved");
		});
frm.page.add_action_item(__('Twitter <span style="color:blue" class="fa-stack fa-lg"><i class="fa fa-circle-thin fa-stack-2x"></i><i class="fa fa-twitter fa-stack-1x"></i></span>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Twitter");
});
frm.page.add_action_item(__('Android <i class="fa fa-android" style="font-size:20px;color:#008000"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Android");
});
frm.page.add_action_item(__('PayPal <i class="fa fa-cc-paypal" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("PayPal");
});
frm.page.add_action_item(__('VISA <i class="fa fa-cc-visa" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("VISA");
});

Model-3

Adding menu button

syntax

frm.page.add_menu_item(__("Custom Menu Option"), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Do some Action");
});

Code

frm.page.add_menu_item(__('Custom Print <i class="fa fa-print" aria-hidden="true"></i>'), function() {
    frappe.msgprint("Printed Document");
    frm.print_doc();
});
frm.page.add_menu_item(__('Google+ <i class="fa fa-google-plus" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
  frappe.msgprint("Google+");
});

Model-4

Custom Action Icon

We can add icon button same like Custom Button like this

Syntax
Note: use <i></i> tag to set the icon

frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-paypal" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Paypal");
});

Code

frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-google-plus" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
});
frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-print" style="font-size:24px;color:red"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Print");
});
frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-paypal" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function() {
	frappe.msgprint("Paypal");
});

Kindly share your thoughts and please support with your likes and comments

Github: Antony-M1 · GitHub
Linkedin: Antony

28 Likes

Nice Work @Antony_Praveenkumar

Nice work.

When you add two custom buttons and group them, is it possible to change the color of the main button?

button

For example:

frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-google-plus" style="font-size:24px;color:blue"></i>'), function () {
		}, __("Button"));
		frm.add_custom_button(__('<i class="fa fa-print" style="font-size:24px;color:red"></i>'), function () {
			frappe.msgprint("Print");
		}, __("Button"));
	}```
2 Likes

Yes you can use

css("propertyname ","value ");
3 Likes