For example: item A has MSRP with Max Discount 30% globally. On contract, depends on territory and customer, let’s say the standard price List discount is 20%. Sales Person creates Quotation/SO, and may either:
- to apply standard discount (20%) as defined in pricing rule.
- to apply smaller discount (say 15%) due to lower volume.
- to apply higher discount than Max Discount (say 40%) on certain case such as big volume or stock flushing.
Basically I want to provide two level authorization on Sales Order.
- Sales Person creates and submit Quotation upon negotiation with customer.
- Once deal is finalized, Sales Person creates Sales Order from Quotation. Status “Draft”.
- FIRST APPROVAL by Sales Manager, if the price & standard pricelist discount follows the standard Pricing Rule, or still lower than Max Discount (on Item Price), then no need to have second approval. Sales Manager will Submit the Sales Order, status becomes “To Deliver and Bill”.
- Optional SECOND APPROVAL by Sales Director, if the applied discount is higher than Max Discount defined in Item Price. Status maybe “Requires Higher Approval”. Once Sales Director approves, the status becomes “To Deliver and Bill”.
How to define custom status and/or approval flow?