Hi ERPNext Community,
I would like to get some advice relating to performing a sales return as I noticed the process is un-synchronized and I found myself closing orders/delivery notes/invoices manually which I’m afraid might have unforeseen impact to the ledgers.
My understanding of the selling process:
Sales Order > Delivery Note > (Optional) Sales Return > Sales Invoice > (Optional) Sales Return > Payment Entry
Here is the process I have gone through:
- Submitted sales order with 70 qty of item
- Submitted delivery note with 70 qty of item
- Submitted sales return of -20 qty of item
- Created sales invoice from the delivery note but it recognized qty 70 instead of 50. I have to use the “Get Items from” option to pull in qty -20 due to sales return. Someone who doesn’t has knowledge of the return might forgotten to pull in qty -20.
- I wasn’t able to submit sales invoice as it don’t accept -20 qty. Thus I have to manually change qty 70 to 50. Here is where i start to feel that the process is un-synchronized but this is just the start.
- Upon submitting sales invoice successfully, there are many leftover breadcrumbs in the process.
- If i check the stock level of the item, there’s a reserved qty of 20 because it was in sales order and delivery note but not paid.
- I went to sales order and delivery note page, my sales order and delivery note is not auto completed because of the sales return of -20 qty. I guess it’s assuming I have not delivered to customer yet. Thus I have to manually close the sales order and delivery note.
- Only at this stage I feel that I have removed the leftover breadcrumbs. However, my fear is that it doesn’t do the necessary adjustment to ledger as I’m not sure if manually closing of sales order and delivery note is the right way.
Could anyone advise me? Thank you.