Unable to Install ERPNext 12 (Easy Install Script)

I would like that a lot …

Why do I get a distinct feeling that you’re using DigitalOcean droplets? If so, we are in the same boat (pun intended). I guess since you’re a new user on the forum, you won’t get to reply on my post until tomorrow perhaps (because of that anti-spam/anti-bot stupid rule). I’m working on the same issue as I type, so I would try the 2 links you have mentioned, although I too had to improvise a lot, just like you. I will share my notes here, so that you may be able to compare them.

But one thing is for sure, the easy install scripts are buggy all of a sudden, and the manual install guides and the other articles are now outdated.

Cheers and best of luck!!

try contabo

it’s cheap and reliable.

I have no issue on installing erpnext there.

Hello sebinmichael,

how dich you solved your problem?

Did you have read this thread:

@ Sanath_Udayawansa2

https://contabo.com/

Why did you prefer contabo?
Which tutorial did you use to install ERPNext?

https://contabo.com/?show=tutorials

They doesn’t have a tutorial for ERPNext install.

jannis

There are not tutorial on most of the VPS. You need to follow the script. VPS only provide the service, they dont know what you are installing and its not their responsibility to give instructions of specific software.

FYI on Contabo purchase the Black coloured VPS (4 shown on right side of screen). These are pure SSD server with Intel Xeon processor and option of creating snapshots. The grey coloured servers are HDD running on Intel i7. These work fine but are slower than Xeon ones.

1 Like

this command didn’t want to run with out python3 & i installed it from “apt install python3-pip”
but still the command didn’t install
this the massage
“It is recommended to run this script with Python 3
Do you still wish to continue? [Y/n]:”
when i say y the install stop

I try this command “python3 install.py --production --user frappe”
but i got this
" python3 install.py --production --user frappe
Logs are saved under /tmp/logs/easy-install__2020-04-10__02-05.log
Checking System Compatibility…
debian 10 is detected
Install on debian 9 instead
/bin/sh: 1: sudo: not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 436, in
install_prerequisites()
File “install.py”, line 133, in install_prerequisites
‘sudo yum install -y epel-release redhat-lsb-core git python-setuptools python-devel openssl-devel libffi-devel’
File “install.py”, line 118, in run_os_command
returncode = subprocess.check_call(command, shell=True, stdout=log_stream, stderr=sys.stderr)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 347, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘sudo apt-get update’ returned non-zero exit status 127."