Unable to Install ERPNext Schools

Hi,

I was not able to install the ERPNext Schools, message below keeps on appearing when I try to install it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application**
** response = frappe.handler.handle()**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle**
** execute_cmd(cmd)**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd**
** ret = frappe.call(method, frappe.form_dict)
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 882, in call**
** return fn(args, newargs)
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/page/applications/applications.py”, line 79, in install_app
** frappe.installer.install_app(name)**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py”, line 118, in install_app**
** print “Installing {0}…”.format(name)**
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Can anyone help me with these? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Broken pipe generally implies a network communication error or connection was lost when request was processing, could you retry to install and share the complete trace?

Hi @Pawan,

Thank you for your response, Below is the exact error message that appear:

Something went wrong

App erpnext already installed

Server Error: Please check your server logs or contact tech support.

** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle**
** execute_cmd(cmd)**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 882, in call**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/page/applications/applications.py”, line 79, in install_app
** frappe.installer.install_app(name)**
** File “/home/mds/Desktop/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py”, line 118, in install_app**
** print “Installing {0}…”.format(name)**
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

What command are you using to install schools?

Use bench get-app

@KanchanChauhan, I’m using the application in App Installer, even bench app-install is not working

@Hanna we have deprecated the schools app and merged it with ERPNext. Just install erpnext and select education as the domain under setup wizard.

2 Likes

@neilLasrado, I already did that during the Initial setup of ERPNext System, but during the transaction, for example in Program Enrollment after selecting the value for Program “App schools is not installed.” message appear. Please see attached screenshot.
Thank you.

@Hanna was schools previously installed on your system ?
Also just go to program enrollment doctype and check which module is it in.
Also check which app does that module belong to.

Hi,

I’m able to set up a new ERPNext, hoping to find the schools app. As I was doing the testing by creating Student Information as for initial information, there is an error message that appear, please see below:

** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle**
** execute_cmd(cmd)**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 890, in call**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/notifications.py”, line 208, in get_open_count
** filters={fieldname: name}, limit=10, distinct=True, ignore_ifnull=True))**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1096, in get_all**
** return get_list(doctype, args, kwargs)
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1069, in get_list
** return frappe.model.db_query.DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(None, args, kwargs)
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 80, in execute
** result = self.build_and_run()**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 104, in build_and_run**
** return frappe.db.sql(query, as_dict=not self.as_list, debug=self.debug, update=self.update)**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 148, in sql**
** self._cursor.execute(query)**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute**
** self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler**
** raise errorclass, errorvalue**
OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘tabGuardian.student’ in ‘where clause’”)
Report this issue

What is the possible cause of this error?
Thank you

@Hanna Not quite sure about the error. Would you like to setup a call over skype so that we can discuss this further.
I could also give you a quick demo of ERPNext schools. Our skype id is erpnext

I have our server where i just added a new site for schools

new site with erpnext installed and when i try to install app schools it throws an error saying duplicate in database.

Then I start to use school to test not to forget i made sure during setup wizard i used education as domain.

But still when i create student applicants and approve it and when i press enroll it shows app schools not installed.
Student applicant belongs to academics module.

I am using V 7.2.30.
Any idea? for this issue Any one ?

Hi @fkardame,
Schools is merged with the erpnext, you don’t need to install the schools app separately. FIY schools repo is deprecated.

I have done the research as per what you have mentioned.
But still I am not able to enroll any student.
I have created student applicant and when i press enroll it says
“App schools is not installed”

Any advise on why erp is creating this issue

Hi @fkardame,
Have you uninstalled the school app from your site?
Currently, all the functionality of school is in ERPNext itself. You can install your custom app onto that for additional functionality.